Thread: How to get a NZ landline...

Default How to get a NZ landline...

I don't know if this could be helpful to you guys... but here I go.

I was looking for an IP landline in new zeland, that can be used overseas of course, that way I will leave my familiy with a NZ phone here in Chile, I stumbled with 2talk.co.nz, I registered yesterday, they have a free account, It provides a from de cellular range in there, so I can be called, free on my side, cellular rate at the caller side.
    It can be used from your computer with a softphone they provide, or from a VOIP gateway, IP phone, gsm/wifi phone ( like my Nokia N80), if you are not that much o a nerd...(like me) stay with the softphone.
    The difference with skype or other is that they don't provide NZ numbers ( if I'm wrong correct me please)

Other thing I found out is that I can configure call forward on my new NZ number, and it rings on my landline here in Chile, free of charge on my side, so I will put my 028 number on my NZ resume, that way it doesn't matter if I'm loged in to their service, I will receive calls anyway, it is supposed to work call forwarding to a cell phone too, it didn't work for me, I don't know why, but maybe it could work for you.

You can get local numbers too.

Cheers!

We set up Skype. We have a US number set up on it, and got a Skype handset. All we need to do is plug the receiver into a broadband connection, and local calls between the US and New Zealand!

It could work the other way as well. Have a NZ number here and leave it with our family, and they could call locally here, but we thought it would be easier if anyone could call us and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojai View Post
    We set up Skype. We have a US number set up on it, and got a Skype handset. All we need to do is plug the receiver into a broadband connection, and local calls between the US and New Zealand!

It could work the other way as well. Have a NZ number here and leave it with our family, and they could call locally here, but we thought it would be easier if anyone could call us and vice versa.
    Of course, I will have a number from Chile too, when I'm in NZ, I have an US number (truphone) and a NZ one now, but at this point ( being in Chile ) a NZ number could come handy.