Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothel/sex business

Default Brothel/sex business

I was wondering if someone who has completed the residency requirements in New Zealand i.e: stayed 184 days every year for the first two years can enter into opening a sex related business. I read across the following which is confusing:

To be eligible for an operator's certificate, applicants must be over the age of 18, be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia, and not have any disqualifying convictions as discussed above. A person in New Zealand who has a temporary or a limited purposes permit is not allowed to act as an operator of a New Zealand business of prostitution. In addition, a person who holds a provisional residency permit may have that permit revoked if they operate or invest in a business of prostitution.

Any light on this will be appreciated.

There's nothing to get confused about there. They must be over the age of 18, be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia, and not have any disqualifying convictions as discussed above.

You're quoting one of the basic requirements for getting PR. Someone who HAS permanent residence (has it already in their passport) has one of the necessary criteria mentioned for getting this licence.

That's a new question for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There's nothing to get confused about there. They must be over the age of 18, be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia, and not have any disqualifying convictions as discussed above.

You're quoting one of the basic requirements for getting PR. Someone who HAS permanent residence (has it already in their passport) has one of the necessary criteria mentioned for getting this licence.

That's a new question for this forum.
    J and M ....What if I have permanent residence but have not yet fulfilled the requirements yet for unrestricted travel conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by kramvi View Post
    J and M ....What if I have permanent residence but have not yet fulfilled the requirements yet for unrestricted travel conditions?

If you have PR then you should have unrestricted travel. Any why would you want to go into the sex business? Sorry don't tell me don't want to know....

That's a new question for this forum. [/QUOTE]

I was wondering if someone who has completed the residency requirements in New Zealand i.e: stayed 184 days every year for the first two years can enter into opening a sex related business. I read across the following which is confusing:

To be eligible for an operator's certificate, applicants must be over the age of 18, be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia, and not have any disqualifying convictions as discussed above. A person in New Zealand who has a temporary or a limited purposes permit is not allowed to act as an operator of a New Zealand business of prostitution. In addition, a person who holds a provisional residency permit may have that permit revoked if they operate or invest in a business of prostitution.

Any light on this will be appreciated.
    It's all self explanatory. Sex business !

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    If you have PR then you should have unrestricted travel. Any why would you want to go into the sex business? Sorry don't tell me don't want to know....
    If one has PR it doesn't automatically mean that one has unrestricted travel. One has to fulfill certain conditions to get that. Besides I have just used the word I hypothetically.

If one has PR it doesn't automatically mean that one has unrestricted travel. One has to fulfill certain conditions to get that. Besides I have just used the word I hypothetically.
    Of course you have unrestricted travel. Who would stop you?

Daniela

If one has PR it doesn't automatically mean that one has unrestricted travel.
    Yes, it does.
    One has to fulfill certain conditions to get that.
    No, one doesn't. I'm amazed if you've managed to miss the INZ changes in terminology that went through in November of 2010, but just in case... http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....496#post414496

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it does. No, one doesn't. I'm amazed if you've managed to miss the INZ changes in terminology that went through in November of 2010, but just in case... http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....496#post414496
    Ok my bad I used the wrong words.

I am still completing the requirements of living in New Zealand for the 2nd year for 184 days. From what I understand is that someone like me cannot open a sex related business until I get the Permanent residence with no travel restrictions stamped onto my passport (or is it till I complete the required time here?).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast