Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got our "Indefinite" RRV

Thumbs up Got our "Indefinite" RRV

It is a breeze

Our RRV expired yesterday, this morning hubby took our passports and the RRV application form (download from : http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...urningtonz.htm ), pay $100 per application and 10 mins later, walk out of the NZIS office with the "Indefinite RRV" blue stickers

Yipeeee ..................

That is great news... CONGRATULATIONS.

Congrats Ivy,

do you know if you can apply earlier than when they expire - looks like we may have to save up for a trip home for May 08 - Rach still says shes getting married! and they expire then!

cheers

Kat

Kat, will let you know about the early thing! We are applying for ours a little early, as hubbys runs out a couple of days after we return from Oz, and we dont want a customs jobsworth giving him stick.... mine is getting applied for at the same time (we arrived 6 weeks apart...)

Thanks for the reminder and the link to the forms Ivy, they are printed and filled in! And congrats on getting yours...

you cannot apply earlier for the Indefinate RRV, if you apply earlier then only a RRV will be issued.
    As long as you have fullfilled all the requirments: 184 days residence per year for 2 years, and can show your a tax resident/invested 1000000$ or established a bussiness and your previous RRV has expired then you should be granted an IRRV

We got ours today, took about an hour though as I went after 9, but even so, very painless, and they did not even care that I had entered the country 6 weeks later than hubby. Luckily AJ slept through the wait and decided to wake up and charm the visa officer instead!

They did not need any evidence of anything, apart from the records of our travels, and time spent in the country, and they can get that from their computer! I went down loaded with bank statements and mortgage statements too!

Spooky thing, she was sticking the first new blue sticker into the passport, and hubby rang me, he had just got an email from their system telling him his status had changed, and she had not even finished the paperwork!

I had an interesting hour people watching.....

congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    It is a breeze

Our RRV expired yesterday, this morning hubby took our passports and the RRV application form (download from : http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...urningtonz.htm ), pay $100 per application and 10 mins later, walk out of the NZIS office with the "Indefinite RRV" blue stickers

Yipeeee ..................
    HWhich office did you do it at please? ours is due soon

Manukau, its right by the Westfield Shopping Mall... near Rainbows End(Ivy did hers there too)

Just noticed there is an office in Hamilton you can get it from too, much nearer!

HAMILTON
    Website: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...tonBranchHome/
    Email: info@immigration.govt.nz
    Postal Address: Immigration New Zealand
    Private Bag 3013
    Hamilton
    NEW ZEALAND
    Physical Address: Immigration New Zealand
    Level 5
    Westpac House
    430 Corner Victoria & Alma Streets
    Hamilton