Thread: UK passport renewal

Default UK passport renewal

Hi All
    I know its been covered before but how do i renew my english passport while i am in NZ . Is it easy ? is it expensive and how do i get my residence visa and returning reidence visa swapped over? into the new one.Can i get it done in HAmilton? sorry for all the questions but just realised its nearly run out .

Cardy

It costs $290 to get a new passport here, plus another $40 to get a new visa put in although if you've been here 2 years you may be eligible for your IRRV which the whole family can get done for $100.

Have a look here http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1099139175248

for renewing passport.

Look at the immigration service website for renewing the visa, both have to be done separately.

They come back really quickly, mine was processed within a few days and the visa was done in 2 days

Thanks for that . expensive isnt it? wish i could manage without one .

Cardy

Tell me about it.

Had quite a shock when I was told 4 weeks before I left for the UK last November that I needed a new passport despite being told earlier on in the year otherwise, the old one expired within the 6 months of me leaving All the hard saving for spending money ended up going on the passport

We've got all 3 kids to redo this year, so saving very hard

Luckily we did the wife and 3 kids before we came it was only me that didnt bother ,cant remember why now i think it was because i used to work in europe a lot and was worried i would get a call and not have my passport.
    Maybe i ought to send the bill to my old employer in England!!
    Our returning residence visas all run out this year though in november so will have to pay more out then.

Cardy