Thread: Best way for secure post to NZIS

Default Best way for secure post to NZIS

What's the fastest - whilst still being trackable - way to send documents to NZIS in Wellington?

I need to send our passports from the UK. I have a holiday booked so I can't send the passports off straight away. I've left 6 weeks between sending the passports off for blue stickers and having to be on the flight (Jan 2nd). Hopefully this is plenty of time, but if I can get the passports there the fastest way, I'm sure it would help.

All advice welcome.

lnz

Hello,

I guess theat there is no other solution rather than courier companies (DHL & Aramex),

I used to send my documents to Wellington via the companies, they provide tracking number it takes 3 to 4 days (from Jordan to New Zealand).

Hope you will find the above useful.

Ali Ismail

Hi
    I sent my docs via UPS and it was good. DHL and Fedex are good as well.

Thanks for the info. I took your advice and got quotes from these.

The cost seems to come in around £40 to £50. Is this what you'd expect or am I missing a cheaper option?

Royal Mail do airsure for about £4 on top of the airmail rate, but I wasn't sure whether this was as fast or secure. Any experience with this?

Hi hope you don't mind me asking

I was just wondering why you were sending your documents to NZIS in Wellington rather than the London branch?

Tiggergirl

Royal Mail Airsure is ok in my experience, it is a trackable service and gets priority handling. It should take documents about 2-5 working days as opposed to the standard 3-5 working days for standard Airmail! We sent our NZQA forms and EOI to agents in NZ by this sevice and it cost us about £10. I have used both couriers and RM Airsure in my business and the service experienced was much the same! If you wanted it to go by courier instead have you tried ebay...the agents listing on there have contracts with the couriers to provide the same service only cheaper...just depends on whether you want to deal with a 3rd party!!!

The downside of Airsure is that information on the tracking details isn't as comprehensive as it is with a courier!

Hope this helps

Julie

Thanks - Airsure sounds good-enough, especially considering the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggergirl View Post
    Hi hope you don't mind me asking
    I was just wondering why you were sending your documents to NZIS in Wellington rather than the London branch?
    Tiggergirl
    Not at all - It's just where our CO said to send them. We've sent everything else there. There's a self-employed business element to my experience claim so I think that's why it's been Wellington.