Thread: Electrical adaptor plugs

Default Electrical adaptor plugs

Other than the airport shops (which will be closed probably when we arrive at23:35 on Sunday night?) where is the easiest place (in Christchurch) to purchase an adaptor plug for NZ electrical sockets? I don't want to waste too much time hunting around for the right place once we get there, so any info will be appreciated.

Thx
    Francoise

They sell them in all airport shops so you can buy them before you fly, and most airport shops are open at night too, so you can buy them when you arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Francoise View Post
    Other than the airport shops (which will be closed probably when we arrive at23:35 on Sunday night?) where is the easiest place (in Christchurch) to purchase an adaptor plug for NZ electrical sockets? I don't want to waste too much time hunting around for the right place once we get there, so any info will be appreciated.

Thx
    Francoise
    Why don't you just buy a travel adapter before you arrive?

You can then buy more once you have settled.

Ian

Why not put a couple of UK 4 way leads in your luggage, then get an NZ electrical plug from virtually any supermarket / 4 square / dairy. That should tide you over until you swap all the plugs, and minimise the number of travel adapters you buy (expensive).

Rod

I got an adapter from KMart at Westfields Mall in Riccarton. It will do most common types, which is handy for me as I have both UK and Dutch plugs. But as the others said every airport shop along the way should have them.

Which part of Christchurch will you be ? Then can direct you to nearest shops for plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Francoise View Post

Thx
    Francoise
    Most branches of Dick Smith seem to have a good range of travel adaptors for various countries to and from NZ sockets.

Whew! Thanks for all the info - really appreciate it. We are staying at South Brighton, but will be going through to the Bank in Riccarton, so I'm sure we'll find somewhere to get sorted.

Regards
    Francoise

Bunnings and mitre 10 also do a very good multi adaptor.