Thread: broadband without landline

Default broadband without landline

Is there any provider in Wellington that offers broadband without the requirement of a landline. I've just realised that I hardly ever use the landline and make all my calls by mobile or skype.
    I will not be in a TestraClear cable area if that is any help.

Xnet do naked DSL.

http://www.xnet.co.nz/fusion/

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    Is there any provider in Wellington that offers broadband without the requirement of a landline. I've just realised that I hardly ever use the landline and make all my calls by mobile or skype.
    I will not be in a TestraClear cable area if that is any help.
    Are you refering to not physically having a landline, or do you mean home line calling?

Most providers will let you have broadband with them without needing to have the home phone package as well, they will normally charge you an extra $10 per month for the privilege.

Ian

Other providers of naked DSL include Snap, Slingshot & Vodaphone.

Shawn

We have Gasp http://www.gasp.co.nz which is the residential service branch of NZ Wireless. They're pretty good - the speed is fine for everything except watching video, when I usually have to let the whole clip download first rather than watch as it loads. The really nice thing is we don't have any download cap; it's $78/month for unlimited. I think it was ~ $150 for them to come out and install the antenna on our roof etc.

We had telstra with no phone service at our old apartment, but they couldn't do our current house since we're too far away from the street.

Jen

thanks guys