Thread: Trademe registration

Default Trademe registration

Is there any way of applying for a job in NZ that is listed on trademe. My OH saw a job he would have liked to apply for but we cannot appear to get a registration as it does not recognise our email address.

Is there anything we can do about this?

Many thanks in anticipation

Mamee

Just worked for me. Had to use a lavid NZ postcode (3500) and select a 'nearest' town (well technically a Northland one is nearest....).

It may be your specific email account, in which case then you're welcome to have a 'spare' one off my account - I get 20 or so with my website so have 17 spare, and you can have one of those (for free of course). PM me with a user name.

Default Trade me

Hi

We used a free googlemail.com email address from the UK to register without any problem

We also made up a NZ address with a genuine random NZ postcode

good luck

Scratch that!

"Dear Duncan,
    We have noticed that you do not have accurate registration details on your membership and have therefore suspended it.

To keep Trade Me as a safe place to buy and sell, we require all members to provide complete and accurate details. We remove members that do not provide genuine details."

Seems a little harsh as there isn't a way to actually flag yourself as being overseas in a way that everyone can see that you're a foreigner. Especially as there are holiday rentals on there.

Mind you, their site, their rules.

iirc they check your ip address, so if you look at your TradeMe account from overseas some people who registered in NZ have had accounts suspended.
    Generally there are agent or other contact details at the bottom of the TradeMe page, can you not see them?
    If you pm me the link I'll have a look for you and pass on contact details if there are any.

Although this doesn't solve your trademe registration issue, why not contact the employment agency or company directly and apply through their own website?

I just had my trademe account suspended aftr nearly 6 years of being in USA and them not noticing.
    I bought things while here and had them sent to my home in Hamilton then they would forward them on to me here.

For some reason the apply on line buton didn't show the first time but when I went in again last night for OH it let me in.

Thanks for all the suggestions of help.

Mamee

Unfortunately, the rules is the rules:

BECOMING A MEMBER

3.1 Becoming a Member: Becoming a member is free. You may only register as a member if you are resident in New Zealand or Australia and can form a legally binding contract that is enforceable against you.
    Holiday accomodation is dealt with by a sister company and links to http://www.travelbug.co.nz/ which you would need to register with separately anyway and the same conditions do not apply.

For job adverts, you do not need to be a member, the listings are to all intents like any other classified ad and will give the e-mail or phone contact details of the advertiser.
    Last edited by Ngeru; 23rd June 2009 at 10:24 PM.