Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for a haircut?

Default How much do you pay for a haircut?

I have just about managed to peel myself off the floor

I desparately need a haircut, and having rung a good half dozen hairdressers in the local area (Albany/Brown's Bay)...it seems the going rate for a cut and blowdry seems to be about $65-$75, which is a hell of a lot more than I paid for a cut at the beginning of the year at one of the said establishements. Is this the going rate these days or just inflated prices in my local area/Auckland?

And yes, there are some of the cheaper drop in type hairdressers, but I have really thick hair that takes quite a while to cut.....I've never had a good cut from anywhere that wants you in and out in half an hour as they never do a final snip once it's dry.

Moan Over

I don't pay for haircut's Familyofmonkeys, because I cut my own hair, my three kid's hair and my very trusting Hubby's hair.

Been doing it for years now, after observing how hairdressers do it. If I say so myself, I have become pretty darn good at it too!!

If you lived closer I would cut yours for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

If you lived closer I would cut yours for free.

I cut the rest of my families hair, and many many years ago when we were poor students my OH did 'attempt' to cut my hair a few times.......and when I say this I mean that I had long hair at the time and all he was required to do was trim in a straight line. There is no way he would attempt to cut layers into my hair now.......

I'm not sure how much I pay for the cut, because I have mine coloured at the same time, but I would guess it's in the region of what you are saying.

I pay $65 for a cut and blow dry. Spookily, my hairdresser here used to work at the hairdressers I used to go to in London!

I paid $56 for excellent cut & blow dry at Scarlett's in Torbay after trying a few of the dearer ones in Browns Bay! Hairdresser was Sarah if you fancy a go!!

Gulp! I pay $3 for a cut, the most expensive in town is $15, I guess there are some advantages to living in a developing country!!!

I never ask for a blowdry as they never do it 'my way' and it saves me some $ at the same time. I pay about $35 for just a cut.

I went to a drop in place in the mall and talked to the stylist about what she thought. Worked out surprisingly well. I have a lot of very very fine hair that doesn't much respond to anything. I've cut it myself in the past, but only when it was longer. The stylist knew just what to do with my hair (first one I've ever met that wasn't baffled by it) and I'm fairly pleased with the result.$25 Might be worth going to a cheaper place and chatting with them?

I used to go to those drop- in places in Dunedin all the time we lived there (HQ had several places in town) and apart from one occasion I was usually quite happy with the cut- and they cut the hair "dry", so no washing beforehand (which I do every morning anyway), just spraying it wet. That cost $20 in the beginning, going up to $23 in the end, I think.

In Blenheim I go to a hairdresser which was recommended by a freind and I pay $38 for washing, cutting and blow- drying.
    But that's Blenheim, I suppose..., not Auckland

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast