Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Banking

Default Online Banking

Hey,

Can anyone recommend a bank with good online facilities? I've been using Smile in the UK and think they're one of the best online bank's I've used. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has used them and found something similar in New Zealand....

Stu

Here http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/nzbanks/0091622.html is a list of all 19 registered banks here in NZ.

I myself use a "normal" one, i.e. with stores, though doing most of my business online with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stoorob View Post
    Hey,

Can anyone recommend a bank with good online facilities? I've been using Smile in the UK and think they're one of the best online bank's I've used. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has used them and found something similar in New Zealand....

Stu
    We use ASB which is very good for online banking and they regularly win awards for the best website.

Ian

Hi..

We use ASB...excellent online banking...links to ASB UK branch in London make for easy(?) transfer of funds direct into our NZ account...good rates..easy to navigate and link accounts including Credit Card and online savings and really useful and help line...

I've seen a few different Online Banking systems over here and they all beat anything in the UK that I've seen hands down.

Most person to person transactions that I do end up as going through online banking (including if someone buys lunch for people or even lends you a $1.50 for a can of coke!).

I also pay lots of my bills directly through internet banking.

I do most of my banking with Westpac and think that their online banking site is very user friendly; but I've also seen Kiwibank's and BNZ's and those are also pretty good (although I prefer Kiwibank's to BNZ's).

We have used Westpac & find them to have everything we need, touch wood no problems

National Bank's online banking system is a bit basic and not very well thought out in some areas, but it gets the job done once you're used to it. RaboPlus has a good on-line banking web site but it is for savings, term deposists, etc. not day-to-day banking.

I have National Bank and Kiwibank accounts, and find the Kiwibank online banking much better to use than National Bank's.

National's is about to be updated, I got an email about it over the weekend.

As mentioned at the moment then it looks awful, but does actually do the job and doesn't take that long to load. Works on my phone too, where the HSBC one doesn't as all the pretty makes it slow and some things incompatible.

I use BNZ for my internet banking, works OK.

Rebecca

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast