Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How settled are we?

Default How settled are we?

I didnt want to hijack another thread so thought i'd clear it up here...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, I've seen you talking about change of house, country, and career. Whatever upheaval has happened since your very positive earlier posts, wishing you well for sorting out something that will make you and the family feel more comfortable again.
    Yep, we're moving house as it makes sense for us with the kids schools, activties and our work. We knew this would happen a year ago but wanted to buy and we do like the area massivley. If it wasnt for practical considerations, we'd happily stay put.

I am still massively positive but am also a bit of a dichotomy, I love NZ and will probably end my days here but need to set some goals that I feel will fullfill me also. I kinda think aloud a bit too so who knows. I also didnt approach the move here with finality. It's more a stage of life that suits us for now. in a year or 2, we may decide to move to another country to experience something different and then move on again. Who knows? You can only do whats right for you and yours as and when the possibilites arise.

We are definately comfortable and tbh, things couldnt have worked out any better for all of us apart from the surprises that life throws at you.
    I would like to try another career as what I do, I just fell into really and make a good living from but again, i feel that its soon time for a change to keep it fresh and fullfilling.

Ramble over and the good news department is still hugely open, maybe I don't advertise the products as much these days but that doesn't mean you can't pop in from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    You can only do whats right for you and yours as and when the possibilites arise.
    So true!! And you never know what surprises life is going to throw at you. Perhaps life would be a bit boring if we did. Great to know we live in a time where it is possible to change country as well as job to see as much of the world as possible. I wouldn't have missed out on any of the countries I've lived in - you see so much more than just visiting on holiday. Life is short and it's up to us to make the most of it.

I just get cold feet about the move to NZ sometimes, hence my questions about anyone moving on.

Echo J&Ms sentiments - all the best

That's a relief, Neil - some of the thinking aloud made me think something drastic could have happened.

Smile

Don't I know it! Neil 2 years ago NZ was for life now who knows having returned to the UK it has certainly got that out of our system, do not get me wrong I like the UK it will always have affections but not for us now/ever? We are on the verge of returning to a different place do not want to say too much but we could be here mid August I will try and being the lovely weather we have with us promise. But who knows after that, we also have a FIL in Canada, BIL in OZ so could go to either, but the UK economic times here will make life very tough for the next 15 years with pensions being slashed as well not sure I want to live in povety!

where are you looking to move to now in nz janey? are you looking in the wellington region? we'll have to make sure we catch up this time! dying to know about how the UK felt..
    Last edited by victoria24; 1st July 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Neil, does that mean you're staying in NZ for the near future?

yeah

until we don't

Auckland fingers crossed coming out for final part of interview process week after next they are paying and flying me first class so nervous!

They must be pretty sure, making that investment. All the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast