Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US to start charging for ESTA from September

Default US to start charging for ESTA from September

If you're planning to fly to NZ via the US in the future, then it might be worth applying for your ESTA sooner rather than later as a US$14 charge is going to be made from the 9th September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10899968

Hmm, not sure if another charge is the best way to encourage visitors, and I can imagine some of the posts that will follow......

Just one more reason to go via Hong Kong..

LA= Pain in ass.
    HK= Pleasant and pain free.

Nick.

interesting that you pay to not even enter a country!

I'd pay if they provide a competent service. Don't get me started on US immigration. I'll spend my money in Asia in future.

Even though I'm a citizen there, and so wouldn't have to pay anyway, it's just more proof of their xenophobic and money-grubbing attitude

Every day there seems to be another reason for me to not want to go back. I certainly have no intention of ever stepping foot back there again!

I don't see this as a surprise & much more to follow. With due respect, most of the developed countries are imposing all sorts of charges to row out of recession. Certainly such charges do not make any sense if someone is just transiting through air-space or using restroom at the airport (well we have airport taxes for that!!!)

I don't see this as a surprise & much more to follow. With due respect, most of the developed countries are imposing all sorts of charges to row out of recession. Certainly such charges do not make any sense if someone is just transiting through air-space or using restroom at the airport (well we have airport taxes for that!!!)

Well, if you travel through my country with your car, we will charge you for using the restrooms. To use a restroom on our Autobahn service area cost you 50 cents. So be aware ;-)

BTW, do you have to go through US immigration if you just have a connecting flight to NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alia View Post
    Well, if you travel through my country with your car, we will charge you for using the restrooms. To use a restroom on our Autobahn service area cost you 50 cents. So be aware ;-)
    Noted

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast