Thread: Sending Money back to England

Default Sending Money back to England

Hi Guys,

Some of the threads on this are old. So just wondered if any of you have, given the current exchange rate, sent money back to England and if so how? What has/who has been the best way to do this..around 1000 dollars.

thanks

Mooncalf

Starter for 10 before NZ wakes up, I've opened a HIfx.co.NZ account to mirror the .co.Uk account. The UK one allows it to be sent from the UK to NZ, the .co.nz from NZ>Uk. Only transferred from UK > NZ so far and that was fine. Will be sending back £1000 a month once I'm there. Worth sendin £1001 (as opposed to $1000) as there is a fractionally better rate. You pay online / over the phone by card, and the sterling is deposited into the UK account 4-5 days later. Sure there are other options too, so as I said, just a starter for 10.

I've used NZ Forex to do this. It was all set up online and you can deal online aswell, which means you can play about with the amounts to see if it gets you a better rate. It's worth comparing the rate you get with what your bank can offer you.

when I've sent back amounts between nzd5000 and 10000 kiwibank online was always cheaper then my xe account even after the $20 fee. So definitely worth comparing your bank

Has anyone looked into doing this through Paypal? Can you register an NZ bank account with Paypal?

Ive done it through Paypal. There are fee's involved - not any cheaper than doing over the counter I dont think.

I have been using www.tranzfers.com to send money home (Ireland) regularly for the past 2 years. Have found them very easy to deal with. All done online but if you have any problems you can call them and they are very helpful. They do charge a fee but less than the banks I think and exchange rate is quite competitive