Thread: house viewing fee

Smile house viewing fee

We are looking to buy a house for the first time. I'm just wondering if there is a viewing fee if you want to look at a house that is for sale. Thanks for your feedback.

Don't give them ideas........

NZ is a leader in this field and has been first to recognise the need to protect intellectual copyright issues. Summarised from HOC Circular 187/09:

• looking at a property from the outside is only $10
    • looking around inside jumps to a hefty $50
    • photographs (if allowed at all) are usually $5 per photo or 10 photos for $40
    • meeting the vendors is $150 but is refundable if you go ahead and purchase
    • they do have a special discount rate of only $1 for a complete guided tour but you have to go around blind fold and must sign a disclaimer declaration

......but more seriously just look for the open home signs and times and turn up, no appointment, no fee, no hassle -best of luck!

In my experience estate agents only take a piece of your soul.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kea View Post
    In my experience estate agents only take a piece of your soul.....

themilkybarkid - Haha!! Good one.

Other than open homes, real estate agents are your best bet. THe buyer don't pay them anything. They do get paid ALOT of money by the seller so don't be shy about using/abusing them to bring you to view the houses. I have them drive me around too

The agents have a full set of "entry instructions" of all the properties they sell. Mostly they have master key that unlocks a lock of the house's keys that is usually put at the main entrance. The instructions have other stuff - ie. disabling the alarm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bulu View Post
    The agents have a full set of "entry instructions" of all the properties they sell. Mostly they have master key that unlocks a lock of the house's keys that is usually put at the main entrance. The instructions have other stuff - ie. disabling the alarm, etc.
    House agent showing us a place in January, key and instructions in hand. "On no account let the cat into the house... Can anybody see the cat? No? Okay, in we go. Watch out for the three shallow steps inside the front door. Mind how you go there. This house is alarmed. WHAT? Deirdre didn't give me any code...' Then followed one of the noisiest quarter-hours of my life while she played telephone tag to get the code from the owner!

no viewing fee, that is all included in the RIP-OFF price some owners expect you to pay for their dump.