Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things required for WTR/PR (2 yr), which may be required for a PR later

Default Things required for WTR/PR (2 yr), which may be required for a PR later

Hey guys,
    I am in hopes of getting a WTR/PR soon.
    Eventually, I wish to apply for a PR (the one you get after 2 years i.e. the one without travel restrictions).
    This might sound like I am thinking too far into the future but I am that sort of a guy who wants to plan things a lot so please bear with me.

In your experience, when you applied for Permanent Residence (the one you get after 2 years), did you need anything that you wished you took a copy of when arranging documents for your EOI/ITA etc.?

I have not read too much into the details of the actual PR requirements but I am assuming they may again require, lets say for example, a PCC from all countries you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years?
    I already have them now for my ITA and I was wondering if it makes sense for me to take another copy if it is required later? PCC or any other document for that matter?

Thanks,
    Zeiger

It's easier than you are imagining, assuming you gain Residence and then establish your commitment to the country. Here are the details. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...teps/apply.htm

Do you mean WTR via an accredited employer? If so, you do not need to meet the requirements of EOI - there are employment requirements and the employer is also required to meet certain elements as set down by immigration.

We came with everything, so when the 2 years was up we were able to provide all the paperwork, but at that point it's basically medical, police check and birth and marriage certs. No employment records were required other than those you currently work for as per the terms of your WTR permit.

Quote Originally Posted by zeiger View Post
    In your experience, when you applied for Permanent Residence (the one you get after 2 years), did you need anything that you wished you took a copy of when arranging documents for your EOI/ITA etc.?
    Where you are living you should have learned to keep a copy of everything you send away - especially when dealing with public authorities

It doesn't cost much and you never know if they change their requirements. So even if you were prepared for it now that might become out of date.

@JandM: Thanks for the link. It looks pretty straight forward.
    @YouMeAndThree: I was talking about a WTR given when you apply as a Skilled Migrant without a job offer.
    @Ralf-nz: Yep, I have copies of everything (although I am not a true German yet :P), but the question is will copies work or will I have to provide originals?
    Even if I do have to provide originals, I wonder if they will be valid after 2 years

Hi there
    Sorry I am a little confused. I thought a PR was permanent and not just for 2yrs. Then after 3yrs after having PR you can apply for citizenship.
    With a WTR when you get a job after holding that job for a certain length of time you can apply for PR you do not need to wait the 2yrs.
    Sorry if I am completely misunderstanding.

You need to do some more homework on the INZ website, I'm afraid, Siouxsee. It IS confusing. To start with, INZ has always used 'WTR' to mean two completely different things - the one this poster is talking about is WTR instead of Residence when you've applied under Skilled Migrant, not the one you thought. Then, the new Immigration Act came into force last November, and this renamed various things, including reusing an old name for a different concept. See this link - what used to be IRRV (available after two years in NZ, on what WAS PR but IS NOW Residence, if you qualified) is now Permanent Residence. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm

And you now have to have had Residence for five years before being eligible for citizenship. http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Citi...nd-Citizenship

Thanks JandM from what I understand then we have a Permanent Residence Visa with no restrictions as we were granted ours at the beginning of this week. It is all as I understood just got confused with the initial post and thought we have completely misunderstood something.
    Sent in our passports just waiting for stickers.

No, as you're only at the stage of having your visas put in your passports, you now have Residence (which used to be called PR), with travel conditions that allow you to come and go freely for two years. Two years from activating your Residence visas by arriving in NZ, if you fulfil all the qualifying requirements (usually including having lived more than half your time in NZ for those two years) you will be able to get Permanent Residence (used to be called IRRV), which will allow you to come and go freely for an indefinite time. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm If you do a Search on the INZ website for those terms, you'll find the full explanations, if you're still a bit boggled.

@JandM: Thanks for the clarifications
    @Siouxzee: JandM is right. You will most probably have a PR WITH travel restrictions. Again, don't be disheartened, you can stay in New Zealand indefinitely with this PR, the restrictions come only for traveling INTO New Zealand (2 years from the date of activation, you cannot ENTER New Zealand. If you're already in New Zealand though, no problem).
    As JandM said, you need to apply for a PR without travel restrictions in 2 years' time.

May be you can also confirm with your CO about this

Regards,
    Zeiger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast