Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to NZ from Australia

Having the right to entry in NZ without a visa does not mean you are allowed to stay indefinitelly or you are allowed to work as an Aussy Citizen.

"If you are an Australian permanent resident entering New Zealand with a current Australian Resident Return Visa, you will normally be granted a Residence Permit on arrival. However, you can still be refused residence if you are not of good character."

Read page 2

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...510/0/1003.pdf

And yes, the residence permit granted on arrival does allow you to work in New Zealand.

...you may be right...anyway I never meet any Au PR living and working in NZ. Also I may notice a very unfair discrimination. As a NZ PR I still need a visa to entry in Australia...not to talk about the residency or work.
    ...also I may say that the one who don't fill confortable in Australia has few chances to accomodate in NZ.
    My advice...go back home

Lukas

The master of straight talking !!!!!!

Australia and NZ are like chalk and cheese. Not only are the people totally dfferent, but also the way of life, the landscape and the economy too.

Believe me - I speak from experience on this one !!

Telling people to 'go home' isn't really a very helpful attitude - it's actually verging on being downright rude. People rely on this forum to obtain genuine help and information, I hope Sarah doesn't think we all share your way of thinking.

Sarah .... ENZ is right, if you hold Australian PR then you can enter NZ as long as you are of good character (i.e. you don't have the cops chasing you down the Stuart Highway !!!!). But it is wise to check up on how long your Aus PR status stands should you leave.

Hope all goes well for you.

Diny

Sorry Karl - I was so busy stomping around on my soap box I forgot to answer your question.

We are in a village called Wheaton Aston which is between Staffs, W-ton and Telford - about 5 miles west from Gailey island.

Small world eh - you an old W-ton Uni chap too.

Ah Bingley Hall - the memories. We had our college Christmas ball there in 1982 - and DLT from radio 1 did the disco. I went to Rodbaston Agricultural College.

Haven't been into Wolverhampton for ages, actually think it's a dump. As my beloved Pakeha Boy says ..... 'it's a toilet'.

Diny

Lukas. BEHAVE.

Timbo,

Oh, how the winter nights must fly by in Rumania

My friends …I use to talk strait…”go back home” was the advice which first of all I gave to myself.
    Instead of talking about the “bad character” of those who accepted me into their home, one day I just pack my staff heading straight to the airport.
    “Love us or leave us”…a good anglo saxon principle not necessary mine the rude latino-balkanic guy.

I really don’t believe that OZ and NZ are that different as far as the human beings are concerned.

Disappointed in the place not the people, I'd much rather stay in Oz than go back to the UK - Life style here is much better than we had in England - just wondering if it could be better still....

Also, having relocated once - realise its not that big a deal to settle in pastures new - kids are happy, we are making friends , my partner has a job so we are solvent...

Just wondering if NZ was feasable!

Sarah.

If you are solvent in OZ, and still don't want to go back in UK then my advice is to wait a bit untill you get your Australian citizenship...then try NZ...otherwise you may lose both places.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast