Hi everyone! im so worried right now with regards to my work visa application.

I submitted my application for a work visa last April 12,2011. Six weeks has passed when I finally decided to follow up on my status. According to the "call center" of the immigration, my application has not been assigned a case officer yet. What??? Six weeks and no case officer yet??? So I decided to wait for 2 weeks more... Then emailed the immigration again for any updates. They informed me that finally a case officer has already been assigned and that the officer will just contact me if there is any problem regarding my application.

Two nights ago, I emailed them again with regards to my application since it has been approximately 2 and a half months since I've submitted my application.

Until...

Today I received a reply from the immigration that a decision has finally been made regarding my application but the decision letter and passport has not yet been sent.

I am so worried because the case officer didn't even contact me once...and now a decision has finally been made.

Does this mean good news for me??? Can the immigration or any case officer for that matter, decline my application for a work visa out right?

I am a medical laboratory technician with a new zealand registration and practising certificate and I applied thru the essential skills program.

I am sooo scared right now... But I don't have any choice but to wait for the letter to arrive in the mail...