Thread: Blue Sticker Conditions???

Default Blue Sticker Conditions???

I have just received my resident visa blue sticker, however on the blue sticker under the condition, it states that ""Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission"" Does that mean that I still have to get a ""ëntry permit"" before I first set foot in NZ to activate my visa? Can anyone advise? Thank you.

Yes, you will get the stamp at the airport when you arrive in NZ.

I did not understand. What does “subject to grant of entry permission” mean? Is the resident visa approved and stamped by INZ not a valid entry permission to legally enter into NZ. INZ approves the resident applications and issues visa only after a long application process that covers multiple levels of verification, validation and scrutiny processes. In the end of it, why is there is a rider and what is the need for additional entry permissions? Am I missing something here? Can some throw some light on this?

Don't sweat it, it's just the legal layers that need to be in place. The visa becomes activated when you arrive, not before. So it's the granting of the entry visa (stamp) that makes the PR valid, and starts the clock on all the other aspects of the Immigration. The wording is part of the formal legalese side.

Duncan means 'makes Residence valid' - PR is the old name for the first visa, with the new terminology having kicked in last November. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm

Thank you everyone, I will get the stamp (grant of the entry visa) at the airport when I arrive in NZ. This forum community is indeed my caring family in NZ