Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job offer....woo hoo

Default Job offer....woo hoo

well i now know what people mean when they say this process in full of highs and lows, fri we thought we would have to wait till next yeah and send hubby over to try and find a job as we only had a week to find a job before they declined our EOI.
    but i sent out his C.V to a few people in the vain hope, sunday night had email asking to hold an interview via phone or skype i was gob smacked!!
    after about 40 min on phone OH had his job offer i nearly peed myself lol.
    so moral of the story...................dont give up no matter how slim the chance is

Wow! Congratulations!!

Brilliant news. Congrats.

Brilliant news. Well done!

Oh my goodness congrats! I was in the same situation, but it was the ITA that would have been denied and I also got a job offer (though not as quick as you). Still fingers are fully crossed until they send in the original signed contract to immigration and then for immigration to sign off and give us this visa Good luck to you! I fully understand the highs and lows too as we also thought we'd have to visit next year and try land a job that way. A relief huh?

yes great Relief, still i will feel better when its here in black and white (i tend to worry) he also said he would send us info on the local area which i thought was really nice (not use to that!).
    what i thought was funny it sounded like he was trying to sell the company to us :O little did he know we were sat here nearly sick with nerves and praying he would at least consider offering a job,i could of of kissed him infact i think OH would of kissed him to lol

Hi Millesverige,

You were assessed as Primary school teacher right? My wife was also assess by NZQA as primary school Teacher and got her probationary license from NZTC. She is also currently looking for a job. Would you mind sharing the school you got an offer from? Thanks! and Congrats on your Job offer

Thumbs up

Wow! Congratulations!!

Buzz, I got an offer from an ECE centre rather than a school. I would suggest having your wife looking the Education Gazette and sending off her cv. From what I've been told primary school teachers are having a hard time right now getting jobs in primary schools a) due to the Christchurch earthquake - those teachers are getting jobs in other parts and b) the schools who are replying to me love my application, but have so many very qualified people applying who already are in the country which puts anyone outside the country at a disadvantage. However, keep being persistent and call as well. Sometimes that could make a difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast