Thread: Lodging of ITA to London branch. Some questions

Question Lodging of ITA to London branch. Some questions

I have sent the application and the documents to London branch about a month ago, but due to an information I find on the London Branch web site: "The date an application is 'accepted' is the date that all of the compulsory lodgement requirements are received by INZ including:...", I have a question:

My online status shows "Application Received",
    Visa Resident Pending xxxxx Lodgement Date 01 Sep 2011,
    Full Medical Received 13 Sep 2011,
    Application fees were taken.

Does anybody know, if it means that our application accepted?

Also I am wondering, if CO will contact me anyway, or just if s/he has any query, or I will be informed (and how, if yes) about the CO assignment?

Thank you for the excellent web resource.

It sounds like NZ Immigration have accepted your application and you should be receiving a letter from them shortly confirming this and who has been assigned as your CO with their contact details. Just be patient, they have a very big case load to deal with and it can take a little time.

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer!

Should it be an e-mail or a snail mail one?

You would normally expect to get an email notification first, then a pack through the post with the ITA, and more information and instructions about filling it in.

Dear JandM,

Thank you for the answer. Actually, I have already lodged the ITA and now waiting for a letter about CO assignment. Are there other forms and documents I will have to fill and submit?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Dear JandM,

Thank you for the answer. Actually, I have already lodged the ITA and now waiting for a letter about CO assignment. Are there other forms and documents I will have to fill and submit?

Thanks again.
    Walt,

Just look at my earlier thread for a clue as to what's required by way of supporting evidence for your ITA.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35671

You will need to complete an additional form for each member of your family that are included in your application. There will also be medical & x-ray forms to complete in addition to forms for Police checks. Do you need to get any degrees/qualifications equivalenced? If so, best get this process started with the NZQA sooner than later.

Good luck.
    Last edited by skywatcher; 30th September 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thank you for the link. It is very useful. I wish we sow it a month before. Fortunately, we already lodged the whole application, including all forms, fees, Medicals + X-ray, Police certificates, degrees (I don't have to send them to NZQA, since my qualifications are exempt from assessment) and evidence for work experience. I know that CO may request additional documents, but first the CO should be assigned, I also know that I have to wait for it, but the question is how much time it could take and how I could know that one was assigned... (would it be by an email or a post)? From your answers I understand that it could take ages, so I am trying to be patient.

Okay, now you have said what stage you are it, it's a bit clearer.

In general, you can see how London timings are going at the moment if you Google "immigration NZ London branch processing times" (but be aware that this is only an estimated average).

Also, there is not any one way that people get to know about a CO. There have been forum members who never knew they had been assigned until *somebody* out of the blue wrote to them and said they needed more information about xyz, and asked them when sending it, 'Are you my CO, then?' Some get an email or letter from the CO, announcing themself, though.

When you get to the stage when the CO is working the case, they may well tell you nothing at all until one day they say, 'I want to interview you next week.' Before that point, the system will be working as I said here. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....158#post425158