Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited certificate required but no supervisor....?

Default Limited certificate required but no supervisor....?

Hi,
    We submitted our overseas assessment to the EWRB and received a letter back from them confirming electrical experience and qualifications (electrician) and that they would register hubby as electrician on completion of the required exams. They also said they would issue us with a limited certificate (which replaces the provisional licence) on receipt of an application form and fee.

This letter we sent to INZ with our ITA application. Now they say we must get a limited certificate from EWRB before they will approve our application.

Problem - Hubby got a job offer from an employer in another field (not electrician) - hence there is no electrical supervisor to sign the form, so now they cannot give us a limited certificate.

How were they going to give us a limited certificate anyway? We are not in New Zealand and if he didn't get a job, how would a supervisor sign the form?

Very confused.........

This is the requirement INZ asked for:

New Zealand Registration
    You are required to submit evidence of full or provisional registration with the relevant industry registration body when you submit your application.
    If you are intending to work in an occupation that requires registration in New Zealand or you are claiming points for a qualification or work experience in a field that requires registration you are required to provide evidence of having obtained full or provisional registration with the relevant industry body.
    Your specific registration requirements are:
    Registration Board: New Zealand Electrician Workers Registration Board
    Required Level: see below
    Long Term Skill Shortage Requirement
    You are required to show evidence that you meet the requirements as outlined on the Long Term Skill Shortage List ("LTSSL") when you submit your application. If you are claiming points for having qualifications and/work experience in an area Absolute Skill Shortage, you are required to show evidence that you meet the requirements as outlined
    on the LTSSL. If you have been assessed as meeting these requirements through your application for occupational registration you are required to provide evidence that your registration board has assessed your qualification as comparable to the New Zealand qualification listed.
    Your specific LTSSL requirements are:
    Evidence required: A Provisional Registration letter from EWRB confirming that your work experience and qualifications have been accepted and they would issue you a provisional licence to enable employment in New Zealand while awaiting the opportunity to complete tuition/examination requirements

We have the "Provisional Registration letter" above - why do they need the limited certificate? If anyone's been here, please could you help?

Thanks
    Letitia

Replied to your PM.
    Hope it helps.

Nick.

Default in the same boat

i have just sent off for the letter from the ewrb as we needed the same evidence. please let me know how you got on.we could have the same problem.

Hi Lynz

We luckily have enough points with the job offer, but we will loose all points for the electrical quals and exp, as he won't be working as an electrician.

I am still very confused as I fail to see how he would have been able to get a licence without a job offer.

Good luck to you!!

Hi there,

I have received letter from EWRB that it had accept my electrician work experience gain at overseas which allow me to apply for a Limited Certificate with need to take exams before registeredas a qualified electrician in NZ.May I know could I use the letter from EWRB to gain EOI points for my electrician work experience and qualifcations without a job offer? Seek your kind advice on these,Thank you.

I'm sorry asshaziq, i can't help you! I'm sitting with the same question. Nowhere does it say you need a job offer to be able to claim the points. I don't know how they would work it. They accept your EOI based on the points, but won't grant it since you don't have a job offer. It doesn't make sense and honestly I have no idea who to speak to. Sorry ;-(

Unhappy Same Situation

Hi Letitia,

I'm currently in the same situation as you. Hoping that you got your sorted. Would you be able to share what you did to get that visa. Please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by NikT View Post
    Replied to your PM.
    Hope it helps.

Nick.
    Hi Nick,

I have the same situation as Letitia. Now immigration says I need to get a limited certificate before my visa can be processed or it will be declined If I dont act on this within 2 weeks. I'm currently in Fiji and cannot get anyone to act as my supervisor as I dont know anyone there yet. Would you be able to help me this. Thanks.
    Vikash.

It's a while since NikT posted, but I've tried to contact him. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, make two more posts on any thread, and you will be able to send and receive Private Messages, which may be helpful for getting advice privately.

Hi Vikash

Not sure I can really help. Things have changed a lot since I went through the process years ago.
    Back then all INZ needed was a letter from the EWRB to say that they would grant a provisional licence and work towards a full licence.
    It seems they replaced the prov licence with limited certs and a catch 22 situation.
    I still hold a practicing licence but I'm not working in the industry at the moment.
    I can only suggest you get on the phone and ring potential employers where you intend to settle in NZ.
    Sorry I can't help you more.
    Good luck.

Nick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast