Thread: Invitation for WTR

Post Invitation for WTR

Hi dear friends. It is happy joining with forum friends.

I was invited to apply for WTR visa after SMC interview. All requirements must be sending within 3 months upon receipt of email.

I would like to know after approve visa, how long time period (the allowed time period before Expire date) will Imm. allowed to enter NZ.

There may be lot of friends got this opportunity.

Hello and welcome.

You have to apply for the Job Search Visa (new name for what used to be called WTR) within three months of your notification.

Then, you have three months to travel to NZ to activate that visa. That is, you must be there AT THE LATEST three months from the issue date printed on the visa, or it would lapse. (Therefore, when booking your flights, allow some time in case of delays on your journey.)

Thanks JandM,

Can I request to VO to extend that period. (More than 3M).

Because I need to give 2m resignation period for my office to get last job evaluation letter/ B-Card….. and also it takes more than a month to receive EPF/ ETF (Provident funds).

It needs all migration documents to submit Inland Revenue to get approval for money exchanges.

There are lots more to do before leaving country………

Not normally, no. (There have been isolated stories from forum members that such a deadline was broken, but normally ONLY because of pressing reasons such as bereavement when the applicant was the only person available to deal with arrangements.) The other things you mention are not regarded as sufficient reason - everyone could have such objections.

So, if you don't first, apply for the visa within three months, then, travel to NZ within another three months, the offer and/or the visa would lapse, and all this would have been for nothing.

(It just occurs to me - did you read this correctly, as you're talking about THREE months? You have nearly SIX months in total to get to NZ.)

Thanks JandM,

I understand.

Yeah, I was under the impression SMC went one of two ways; PR or Job Search. WTR is not an option any longer.
    Question for anyone with knowledge or experience on this matter - if one has a job offer when they submit EOI under the SMC, wouldn't they automatically get the PR (assuming over 140 pts)? Its seems odd to get what is called a Job Search visa when a job offer is in hand when submitting the EOI under the SMC method.
    Thoughts?

ScottNZ, there's been another name change - what was PR is now Residence, so SMC leads to Residence or Job Search visas (or rejection, worst case scenario). (Permanent Residence, with no travel conditions, is what they now call what you can get after two years of proving commitment to NZ.)

You're right - it doesn't happen that someone with a job offer would get a job search visa. They'd get Residence, as long as all other aspects of their application (e.g. health, police checks, qualifications, experience, etc.) are in order, probably with a Section 49(1) condition, to work in the job offered for at least three months.

Tkanks JandM / ScottNZ for valuable information.

I have some more to verify. For me Job Search Visa is grant for 9 months. If it is impossible in finding a Full-Time and exactly correct job include in EOI/ITA. Is the Immigration Going to extend visa for further ????? or…… : Orrrrrrrrrrr mad:

Most of the ppl who apply as Skilled Migrants are waiting patiently more than 18 ~ 24m to have some good news. If those ppl who got this Job Search visa (for 9m) and had to return back loosing all ambitious, is SAD.

As my experience most of the ppl migrate to any country (even with high qualification & experience), some time had to stay more than 1~ 1.5 Y to get a satisfied job.

Any comments ?

This 9 months is what the Job Search Visa gives you, and that's all - no more time. The only way it might be extended is if you had found a full-time skilled job in line with your EOI, but not in time for you to have done the three months' work before the deadline.

What is happening is that upon assessment, there were enough elements of doubt that you could settle in NZ and find work that in effect, INZ says, 'No, we won't give you Residence, but here's one chance to prove us wrong, and then we would.'

Congratulations Skyfly!! Can you please share your time lines?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfly10 View Post
    Hi dear friends. It is happy joining with forum friends.

I was invited to apply for WTR visa after SMC interview. All requirements must be sending within 3 months upon receipt of email.

I would like to know after approve visa, how long time period (the allowed time period before Expire date) will Imm. allowed to enter NZ.

There may be lot of friends got this opportunity.