Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flowchart: SMC immigration Path (Ver 2)

Default Flowchart: SMC immigration Path (Ver 2)

Based on input from fellow forumites and further study, I offer you version 2 of the SMC flowchart. Updated to the latest OM specifications. The act creating this has helped me greatly in understanding the process in detail.

As always, your feedback/corrections/clarifications are appreciated.

Dave

Great job of diagramming, again.

I know you've only concentrated on the positives here - no 'you don't qualify, so you're out' options. But having seen many people's wishful thinking rose-coloured reactions to INZ regulations and explanations by way of these threads, I'm afraid that some may see what you've called the time limit of 6 months (in the Pool) as implying that they will be selected after that time. (Maybe 'time constraints'?) So maybe a line to say that refusal is a possible outcome?

There's no restriction on when you can tell INZ about a job offer. If you get one after you've lodged your Residence Application and been assigned a CO, let them know and your case will be bumped to the front of the queue.

Good job Dave

Dave, I donot see the diagram.

Great diagram mate!

I will be submitting my requirements for job search visa and I don't think they are already asking me to pay the migrant levy until I am actually granted a residence visa.

If successful, you'll be told you have approval in principle, then asked to send in your passport and pay the migrant levy, THEN you have the visa issued. The actual issue is dependent upon their receiving the fee, as it's shown in the diagram.

JandM, I believe annonimoose is suggesting that you dont pay a migrant levy at the Job Search Visa stage, that you pay it later at the Resident Visa. Are you suggesting it is paid at the Job Search Visa stage? If so, I would assume you don't need to pay it twice, so you wouldn't pay it again later when issued a Resident Visa.

Davde

Could somebody please explain what does it mean: "aplicant with job offer or job or doctorate" in the flowchart? Does doctorate mean applicant with an invitation to study for Ph.D in NZ, or an applicant who already has Ph.D.?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonian View Post
    JandM, I believe annonimoose is suggesting that you dont pay a migrant levy at the Job Search Visa stage, that you pay it later at the Resident Visa. Are you suggesting it is paid at the Job Search Visa stage? If so, I would assume you don't need to pay it twice, so you wouldn't pay it again later when issued a Resident Visa.

Davde
    I was assuming the reference was to the other side of the diagram, and that's what I was responding to.

I don't know off the top of my head when whatever is paid in the Job Search scenario - I'd need to have a hunt on the website, which of course you can do as well. I very much doubt (guesswork here) you'd have to pay the Migrant Levy at the Job Search visa stage, because you may not actually be going to get a Resident Visa in the end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast