Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI how long?

Default FBI how long?

We sent FBI forms in in August recorded mail. No sign of FBI forms. The British forms took a couple of weeks. Anyone have similar experience with FBI. Dec 3rd deadline feels more ominous. Anyone know cost and timeline if we have to do expedited service?

I sent ours in on July 25th and got them back on Oct 11th so a bit longer than the 8 weeks they estimate.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

When we sent our off (May 2010) they were saying a minimum of 12 weeks on their website. I noticed that they charged my credit card after 7 weeks so rang up. They told me it would be no earlier than the 12 weeks promised on the website (even though we'd asked for a 3-week turnaround). The certificates arrived less than 1 week after we called them and were dated the same day I called (so much for the 12 weeks!).

For others it took 12 weeks or more. I guess it depends on the volume at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by dede View Post
    Anyone know cost and timeline if we have to do expedited service?
    http://www.fieldprintfbi.com/FBIHome...&ChannelID=264

This place charges $48 and claims 3 to 5 business days "subject to FBI processing times".

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    When we sent our off (May 2010) they were saying a minimum of 12 weeks on their website. I noticed that they charged my credit card after 7 weeks so rang up. They told me it would be no earlier than the 12 weeks promised on the website (even though we'd asked for a 3-week turnaround). The certificates arrived less than 1 week after we called them and were dated the same day I called (so much for the 12 weeks!).

For others it took 12 weeks or more. I guess it depends on the volume at any given time.
    Sent mine in September 14. Still waiting.

Manks, which FBI number did you call?

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefamily View Post
    Sent mine in September 14. Still waiting.

Manks, which FBI number did you call?
    I can't remember but it was on the website I believe. It is dedicated to fingerprint checks. Or at least it was.

We applied on Nov-17-2010 and got it back Jan-10-2011. To call them,we used (304) 625-5590. selecting option 3 or 4 which i dont remember. Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by indo_americano View Post
    We applied on Nov-17-2010 and got it back Jan-10-2011. To call them,we used (304) 625-5590. selecting option 3 or 4 which i dont remember. Hope this helps!!
    Thanks for the number! I'll try it tomorrow. If that does not work I will call the general number and see if I can get a result. Did the call you made make a difference as it did for Manks?

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefamily View Post
    Did the call you made make a difference as it did for Manks?
    I don't believe my call made any difference whatsoever. The person who took my call was adamant it would take the full 12 weeks, so I'm guessing the system hadn't been updated when I called to check. Knowing American bureacracy, if anything, I would have thought my call might have "accidentally" pushed my application further back in the queue (call me cynical - but I have had to deal with the DMV etc).

If you entered your credit card details as payment, check online (if you can) for when the payment hits. That date coincided with our application being processed (and was the reason I called them in the first place).

Thanks for the responses. That helps a lot. It's an incredibly inefficient system. We *should* be receiving them soon. Need to get everything else sorted or it'll be another $400 to get back in the pool.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast