Thread: Confused! immigration vs personal matter

Question Confused! immigration vs personal matter

Hi all,

I'm so confused as to what could be next....

We lodged our SMC application in this May with bonus points for Long Term Skill Shortage List. Meanwhile husband was lucky to grab a seat from Silver Fern visa and currently in NZ (since August) and doing a skilled job in the same category which we got bonus points for SMC.

We already informed immi NZ about the job offer and we got a case officer in early September. He said if there's no problem it'll take around 2 to 3 months to complete the process.

My concerns...

At the moment I'm around 4 n half months pregnant and I'm pretty confused about what next as baby will be born once residency granted to us.

1. I know we cannot include an unborn in application but not clear about the process of getting approval to take the baby with me when we are reuniting in NZ.
    2. If we get visa before what ever "x" number of months that Air lines usually allow pregnant women, what kind of cost will go for medical stuff if delivering the baby in NZ.

I'm ok with any option with minimal hassle.. in terms of paper work.

Really appreciate your advices and guidance

Nena

Hello and welcome.

If your baby is born while INZ are still working on your case, you let your CO know his/her details once the birth has happened, and s/he will be added to your Residency application.

If the two of you already have Residence by the time the baby arrives and you're still in your former home country, this may apply. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ed/default.htm

Your CO will advise you exactly what to do, depending upon timing.

If you have the baby in NZ, you are entitled as a Resident to all maternity care under the NZ health service. http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/index...ices-maternity And s/he will be a NZ citizen as of right, being born in NZ of Resident status parents. http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-34631.html

Thank you very much! that is a very descriptive answer... Now I have to find out possible/ approximate costs to bear when delivering a baby in NZ. As I understood from the link, it seems only primary maternity services (normal delivery without complications) are free in public hospitals. Not sure how it would cost for any complications such as Caesarian sections. I will use search & see any discussions went on this....... many Thanks!

You're missing things. All that you mention is included.

From that same link:

Provided they meet the eligibility criteria above, pregnant women are eligible for the following maternity-related services:

primary maternity services within the meaning of clause B1 of the Primary Maternity Services Notice 2007 (see Primary maternity services below) AND
    all maternity services provided by DHBs AND
    any other secondary or tertiary services for a condition of the mother or child that a clinician has determined will significantly impact on the pregnancy or its outcome.
    And it then goes on to state (a couple of sections down) that caesareans, etc. are included in that definition.

Seven months passed already and we are still in the same dilemma...
    Yesterday got a mail from CO saying he couldn't finalize our application since he is waiting on third party verification and also they are not going to do anything until another month!
    I got a nagging problem... our baby is due on end March so is it possible for us to ask him whether it is possible to submit papers for the baby (end march) to be added to the same application ?

If your baby is born while INZ are still working on your case, you let your CO know his/her details once the birth has happened, and s/he will be added to your Residency application.
    You will need your baby's birth certificate, and a (shortened) medical for him/her. But just communicate with your CO - s/he will tell you precisely what to do. I understand this is a very big deal for you, but it's just one of a range of scenarios that COs are really used to dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by NenaRox View Post
    Our baby is due on end March so is it possible for us to ask him whether it is possible to submit papers for the baby (end march) to be added to the same application ?
    I would Suggest to Inform you CO with your Pregency details and delivery date (expected) and request them to hold off the decision on you application until you have given birth .Your CO will advise process to add your new born and other documents required. Once these are provided CO will proceed with Decision making.
    This is a very simple process and open communication with CO is the best way to proceed.

Thanks all, I informed the CO about it & she mentioned that I will need to submit a passport for the newborn. I think not just add he/ she to a parent's passport... just wondering how a newborn would get a passport, hmmm from common scene seems have to wait till the wee thing at least be able face a camera. Also wonder how to sign it.. is it thumb print ?