Thread: CO assigned and interview

Default CO assigned and interview

Hi everyone. A CO was assigned to us last October 28th, also, we were scheduled for interview on November 22nd. Is it right to ssume that the immigration is already done with the verification process? What other processes do we need to go through before we get favorable results? We appreciate all the answers/advice. Thank you very much! (BTW, our application was lodged in Shanghai branch but our CO is from Manila branch. Any idea how this is possible?)

Hello and welcome.

Is it right to ssume that the immigration is already done with the verification process?
    It's possible, but I wouldn't assume it necessarily is all complete. In any case, there is also the other kind of verification - of the whole case, which is always done by another INZ official, after your own CO has decided the outcome but before the final result is notified. That will still be to happen after your interview.

Have you looked up old threads for interview questions? You will find plenty of entries (Search on the blue bar above).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

Have you looked up old threads for interview questions? You will find plenty of entries (Search on the blue bar above).
    Yes, I have. They are very helpful. My wife and I are getting ready with our answers to the questions! Thank you very much, JandM!

Ditto to what JandM said. All the best with your interview

Great News Bunot,
    Looks like Shanghai branch has taken its pace.
    I think all verification must be done by now. Your case must be smooth.
    It is very rare to get an interview within 4 months with Shanghai branch (from what we get from this forum).
    I also had a relatively early response from the CO, but then I think my verification process has lengthen.
    I wonder when they will reply me back.

Thanks guys for your replies. I hope we do well in the interview.
    Great news about Shanghai branch, MK33 ! we have received the email that a CO has already been assigned to us, at the same time, scheduled for an interview with Manila branch. quite confused though as to why the interview is with Manila and not shanghai.

Wow that's a first! I'm also from Manila but was interviewed my CO who's from Beijing branch. I know there's an NZ embassy here but I think they only handle visitor visa, etc. and not immigrant processing... (maybe they do now???)

Quote Originally Posted by anonimoose View Post
    Wow that's a first! I'm also from Manila but was interviewed my CO who's from Beijing branch. I know there's an NZ embassy here but I think they only handle visitor visa, etc. and not immigrant processing... (maybe they do now???)
    That's also what we've been told before... that INZ Manila only handles visitor visa apps. i figured maybe we're pinoys so our application was forwarded from shanghai to manila.

Quote Originally Posted by bunot View Post
    That's also what we've been told before... that INZ Manila only handles visitor visa apps. i figured maybe we're pinoys so our application was forwarded from shanghai to manila. anyway, pinoy ka ba?
    Yup, were you assigned a CO yet?

Quote Originally Posted by anonimoose View Post
    Yup, were you assigned a CO yet?
    Hi anonimoose,

I've seen you are given ITA for WTR, how soon would you receive your passport with the visa? Is there a 100% chance that you'll be given WTR or they have to undergo verification process again?

Thanks.