Thread: Proof of Partnership

Default Proof of Partnership

Anyone that can give experience and advice on detailed ways they went about obtaining and submitting the types of proof that inz requires?

I know all about what they except. And the information I am looking for will be on the types of proof that will come from long-distance relationships.

As far as emails and skype conversations and facebook messages are concerned, when there are excessive amounts of them, how to go about that? Print out excerpts and certain messages throughout the course of the relationship? Do they need to be...authorized or certified in any way?

The same for phone bills, receipts for money transfers, packages sent, airline receipts and boarding passes, postcards, holiday cards. I would like them returned, so making copies is accepted? How to certify these copies?

As for photos, how to show the dates they were taken and certify them?

I would so greatly appreciate information on these questions as I am trying to go about compiling our proof but am hesitant until I know the details.
    Thank you!

You can get anything certified by making a copy, taking it to your local Kinkos or UPS store and they usually have a notary onsite who will do their magic, and notarize it. You have to write in some cases for example...that this is a your birth certificate and sign your name etc. I didn't send any originals. They said certified copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses etc was fine. I sent them some original bills because I didn't need them and I sent copy of pictures. I have two boys, so they could easily see them age in the pics, and I put in the dates. I didn't send originals of those either. Certify what you think makes sense and send copies of the other stuff.
    Good luck!

Thank you for that clarification kiwihusker!

As for printing off Skype conversations or FB messages, do you need to have the exact format of them (logos etc) or can you just copy and paste the actual messages to a word document?

As for letters written by family and friends....short, sweet and formal or long, detailed, and specific?

Quote Originally Posted by tmai View Post
    Thank you for that clarification kiwihusker!

As for printing off Skype conversations or FB messages, do you need to have the exact format of them (logos etc) or can you just copy and paste the actual messages to a word document?

As for letters written by family and friends....short, sweet and formal or long, detailed, and specific?
    Please share your information if you got it further.

My feeling is that they want evidence of living together, not just talking so skype etc might be a useful extra but perhaps needs something like letters addressed to the same address, joint bank accounts, photos of holidays supported by air tickets/ accomodation receipts, invites to weddings etc. I would send just as much as possible, no matter how tenuous. Good luck.

They just wanted proof that we lived together so I sent in one bill, council tax statement and one bank statement and that was enough. I doubt they would be satisfied with skype conversations or letter between you - these could so easily be faked.