Quote Originally Posted by britgeek View Post
It used to be that your partner would apply, the visa officer might say "not quite enough, do you have x, y or z?", and you could send them additional documents to support your application.

I've now been told that overseas NZ immigration offices (that is, visa offices inside embassies and consulates around the world) will no longer help you once you've submitted your application. If you don't have enough they will just decline it and return it to you with a note saying why it was declined.
It would appear that this isn't true, as someone started a thread yesterday saying their Case Officer had just got back to them asking for additional evidence of their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by britgeek View Post
I just have a nagging feeling that if she makes her application in Tokyo, with my address being in New Zealand, they are just going to throw it out without even looking at the huge bulk of evidence we've collected to show our relationship.

What do you lot think?
In the Ops manual, under F2.20 Evidence, it says,
If a couple has been living separately for any period during their partnership, they should provide evidence of the length of the periods of separation, the reasons for them, and how their relationship was maintained during the periods of separation, such as letters, itemised telephone accounts or e-mail messages.
so I would provide this as well.

Good luck!