Thread: Teacher Registration

Default Teacher Registration

I thought I would post this in the NZQA forum as it is connected with NZQA IQA. When applying for teacher registration, can I just ignore my secondary school qualifications (and only use the degree and teaching qualifications?). It looks like I can on the form (as there is space for only 3 qualifications- BUT the guidance on the site is not as detailed as for NZQA....

It makes it a little easier getting certified copies if it is only the Uni level ones!

Thanks in advance,

Eliot

I have left out my secondary qualifications on the application form (as they were a necessary condition to get access to higher education) but I did send a certified paper copy of both my secondary and tertiary degrees to their office. It took NZTC at about 5weeks to process and send me my practicing certificate.

Brilliant- just what I was thinking.

As long as it is within next 4 months that's fine...

Ta,

Eliot

When I did this a few months ago, NZQA required the secondary certificate. I sent in my high school diploma 'just in case.' My paperwork went fairly quickly once they got it. Better safe than sorry.

I seem to remember that I just wrote 'GCSE' and then the school I went to, and then posted them certified copies of my certificates! At the moment I think it is taking a little longer for the registration, as so many NZ people are doing it. A colleague has been waiting for nearly 5 weeks so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurefamily View Post
    When I did this a few months ago, NZQA required the secondary certificate. I sent in my high school diploma 'just in case.' My paperwork went fairly quickly once they got it. Better safe than sorry.
    Yep- I have already got my ITA from NZQA: I sent in all my school certificates for that. But the NZTC seems to only want Degree level / Post school qualifications...

Ta,

Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by wiseboy22 View Post
    I seem to remember that I just wrote 'GCSE' and then the school I went to, and then posted them certified copies of my certificates! At the moment I think it is taking a little longer for the registration, as so many NZ people are doing it. A colleague has been waiting for nearly 5 weeks so far!
    Hmmm- didn't think of that! At the moment I am trying to get evidence that I did an NQT year (way back in 1997 when there wasn't a requiement to do so...).

Did you have evidence of that??

Ta,

Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    Hmmm- didn't think of that! At the moment I am trying to get evidence that I did an NQT year (way back in 1997 when there wasn't a requiement to do so...).

Did you have evidence of that??

Ta,

Eliot
    Yeah! My NQT year was in 2003/4, and they gave you n induction certificate then. Do you not have anything with your teacher registration number on? That could work!

When my friend attempted first to submitted an EOI from the 140 points she is claiming. She was selected and thereafter her points was eventually reduced to 85 points. Which made her EOI application unsuccessful.

By the way she is Bachelor of Secondary Education Physics major graduate; Master oF Arts in Teaching Major in Science and a Master of Education major in Physic with a 12 years teaching experience both public and private schools.

Why the caused of sudden drop of points....

Credentials is not yet assessed by NZQA though her schools are in the list of exempt from assessment.

Therefore, No points gained in the qualification in bonus points.

No Work experience points and absolute work experience bonus point.

Its a disaster...

For those teachers out there, learn it from us... have your credentials assessed by NZQA first and secure a Teachers council registration.

That is what she is doing right now before submitting an EOi for the second time around.