Thread: primary school in Tauranga...?

Default primary school in Tauranga...?

hi all,

I will move to Tauranga early next year, and need to start searching good primary school for my 5 yo daughter.
    My office is at Mt. Maunganui... so really need advice

thank you in advance

Hi there,

My OH works at the Mount too but we chose to stay at Bethlehem which is about 15min drive to work for him.

My 2 kids go to Bethlehem Primary School. They love it there and I find the staff and school community absolute brillant.

I'm bias as i love it here in Bethlehem.

Amy

thank you Amy...
    is that a private school? my son is 3.5 yo now so I think that I need to look for a child care, do you know any child care in your area?
    actually I've already searching, and I think that Betlehem/Judea/Bellevue are good area to live
    pls share your thought

thank you

Hi Susanty,

My husband went to Arataki Primary, but he says it's a bit rough. It was rough when he went there 20 odd years ago. He says Mt Maunganui Primary & Omanu Primary seemed nicer, but he does not know what they are like now.

He says the best primary school in the area is Bethlehem College, but it is an expensive private school. Its about a 30 minute bus ride from Mt Maunganui.

My brother-in-law works at Te Akau Ki primary school and he has lots of good things to say about it. That is in the Papamoa area.

hi Julie,

thank you for your info. do you hv any idea about St.Mary's Catholic School and Bellevue Primary School?
    and do you live in Tauranga right now? as I think it will be great to have new friends there