Thread: nurses pay

Default nurses pay

Hello,

I am a nurse and I would like to know what the pay scale is like for registered nurses- with level 7.

Thanks.

Here's the 2010/2011 MECA- as far as I'm aware the 2011/2012 version is still being thrashed out.

http://www.nzno.org.nz/LinkClick.asp...w%3d&tabid=224

For more info go to NZNO: http://www.nzno.org.nz/

Thanks!

The pay is better than I thought!

Be careful, where you find yourself placed on the scale may not be where you think you ought to be placed...

Kanga, where would you think a Nurse Practitioner (254411) with 2 years of experience would be placed on your link? Also, to be clear, in the US (where I am) a Nurse Practitioner is a nurse with a Masters is nursing as opposed to a Bachelors.

Thanks for any assistance! I'm having a hard time finding out salary information for Nurse Practitioners as there simply are not very many yet in NZ.

joe b.

Hello and welcome.

From my understanding when I worked in NZ the pay goes on the number of years experience however each individual employer may place you higher. I worked for a DHB and I had been qualified 2 years yet I was placed on the SN 3 scale. My next job just 4 months later was as a district nurse and I was placed as an RN 4 on their scale ( slightly less pay than the MECA point 4) The MECA is a good starting point but your starting point on the payscale may vary from employer to employer depending on your experience and your role within the organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome and hopefully, one day, I'll hear this after landing in NZ.

joe b.

Many people find, when they first land with their Residence visa to be activated, that the Immigration official at the airport tells them, 'Welcome home.' Which even tough guys can find a real tear-jerker!