Thread: I can't believe it: We've arrived!

Default I can't believe it: We've arrived!

After tearful goodbyes with friends at Heathrow, followed by two weeks in Sri Lanka with my folks, and three days catching up with old friends in Singapore; we're now sitting in my OH's parents' lounge in Auckland, sipping a beer and marvelling at the fact that we've finally made it to NZ...plus we've managed to time our landing with surprising the OH's mum's on her birthday! (Mega brownie points for that one!)

We're going to be living in Remuera for at least the next couple of months whilst we get jobs and work out where we want to live full-time - although our shipping arrives *next* month which will create some issues, space-wise...

This week will be admin-based: SIMs for the phones, IRD number (for me), drivers licences, doctor/dentist registration, etc., as well as catching up with the OH's relatives and a few Kiwi friends that we made/met in London and I've joined a couple of NZ photography groups that have regular meet-ups, so hopefully we'll start to build up a network of new friends and acquaintances in the coming months. We've got meetings with recruitment agencies next week, so hopefully the job-seeking process won't be too onerous or arduous either!

All in all though, we're just pleased to have finally made it: We both know that we've got massive challenges ahead of us, but at least we're here!

Goodluck with your new start in NZ, sounds like you have a busy the ahead of you. Hope you settle in well and you start to make friends. I have just bought myself an SLR camera and hoping to start learning about photography once out there - hoping there will be some classes to learn all about it and to make some new friends!!

Goodluck with your job hunting and enjoy your new start!!

Woohoo!I can feel your excitement from your post!

All the best in your job hunt!
    We are into our 3rd week in NZ and absolutely loving it!

All the best!

Thanks all!

Living Life - You should have a look out for "NZFM"/"NZ Flickr Meet-ups" on Flickr and Facebook: There's an active photography community there who are based all over NZ.

Fayevalentine - Glad you're enjoying it: I've been reading your updates with interest too! (Cowboy Bebop fans, by the way?)