Thread: 3 Weeks in!

Default 3 Weeks in!

Hey everyone.

Sorry ive not been about much but things have been hectic so far as you can imagine!

Well what can I say, so far all has been good apart from being ill, the snow and the earthquake that woke me up!

Im on a 23 month working holiday visa, currently unemployed and waiting to change over my licence from UK-NZ, which as first thought isnt as easy as originally told. Was told before I came out that it would be a straight swap for a NZ class 4. Went in to change it over only to get told I need a medical & theory test, which is slightly annoying but onwards and upwards and all that.

Ive had a job interview already, got the job but cos of the licence problems ive since lost it as the insurance only covers the truck for NZ licence holders, which i guess is fair enough.

I underestimated the flight length massively! I thought it wouldnt be too bad, had my laptop/ipad with me on the flight so had plenty of stuff to be getting on with, after watching men in black 1&2, hot fuzz, yes man 2x 1hr episodes of top gear and some peep show I realised I was very bored! Landing in Auckland at 11pm though helped things along though, airport wasnt busy and got to the hotel at a decent time to go to bed.

Sorry for rambling on a bit, just wanted to throw a few things down

Great, you have made the journey and hope you enjoy your time in NZ ...

Welcome to Christchurch,good luck with your job search

Best of luck to you! I am sure it will be an amazing adventure.

Good luck.