Thread: Plumbing in NZ

Default Plumbing in NZ

Hi All,

I know this might seem like a strange question, but i'm hoping somebody with some DIY/plumbing knowledge can help me out.

I've been sorting through and cleaning all of my tools ready to ship, and i don't know if it's worth me bringing my plumbing gear over. I'm not a plumber, but i have some basic tools and fittings (mainly for fitting kitchen sinks as i'm a joiner by trade), and i was wondering what type of pipe and waste is most common in NZ. In the UK i'm used to working with 15mm copper and plastic push-fit tubing, and 1.5/1.25 inch push-fit waste. Similar to NZ or a completely different system?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, I can't give a great answer but at least the thread will get bumped
    We brought basic plumbing tools (like our beloved basin wrench!) though we've not yet needed them. I would guess fittings wouldn't be worth bringing as every pipe I've seen so far has been a different shape, size, material, or color!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve View Post
    Hi there, I can't give a great answer but at least the thread will get bumped
    We brought basic plumbing tools (like our beloved basin wrench!) though we've not yet needed them. I would guess fittings wouldn't be worth bringing as every pipe I've seen so far has been a different shape, size, material, or color!
    Thanks for the help, thats great. We shipped out stuff yesterday and i ended up packing them anyway so they might come in useful in some way or another out there.

You cant buy those 15mm washingmachine taps here that you use on coppr, throw a couple in you luggage :-)

Bob