Thread: Will Vonage work in NZ?

Default Will Vonage work in NZ?

I am just wondering if anyone has been sucessfull in setting up vonage to work in NZ.

Please share you experiences.

Regards

I would say no as according to this it is only available in the U.S.A, Canada or the UK

http://www.vonage.com/corporate/inde...BSP091020001W1

It is not something I have heard of over here
    On further investigation it seems that it will work in nz but please look at this from the vonage terms of service

0.4 Use of Service and Device by Customers Outside the United States.

We encourage you to use our service to call foreign countries from the United States and to use our service as you travel. Technical and customer care support is offered only in the United States. Our service is designed to work generally with unencumbered high-speed internet connections. However, if the high-speed internet connection you are using is not within a Vonage service area, or your ISP or broadband provider places restrictions on using VoIP services, we do not claim that they will allow you to use our service. You will be solely responsible for any violations of local laws and regulations or violations of ISP and broadband provider terms of service because of your use of our service. If you ship a device outside the United States for use in another country, you are solely responsible for determining and adhering to compliance with all applicable customs, import/export, regulatory, tax (including VAT) and other laws regarding the transport, distribution and use of such device and the service.

http://www.vonage.com/tos/?lid=foote...TS0706010001W1

Thanks Caroline and Dave

It works for me, free calls to the States and Canada.

Great!! Scott. I assumed you just plugged it into your broadband and it started working right?