Thread: Can I change my job offer after EOI Selected?

Smile Can I change my job offer after EOI Selected?

Hi There, need some help.. I submitted my EOI on the 27th of Nov, got selected on the 28th and received an ITA on the 4th of December. We claimed for 175 points with a job offer. I will commence work as an ECE Teacher. Now on the 4th of December I also received a new offer of employment which I feel is better than the job offer I submitted in my EOI. Can I possibly change my job offer now? If so what else is required of me? Jobs scheduled to start in Jan 2013. Looking forward to good news.. thanks

Hello and welcome.

I don't know an answer for this question. Anybody?

I bet you can, if new offer qualified for the same points as initial one. At least in my work visa it was written like "holder may work for *** Ltd in *** or company of the similar kind".
    Anyway it's better to ask it anonymously by phone in your NZ branch.

One point occurs to me - have you already accepted the first job offer? Because if you have, and then you let them down, although this may not affect your visa prospects, it could affect your professional life in NZ. NZ is a small society. Links are closer, people rely very much on personal contacts, and word gets around.

I havent accepted the job offer as yet as the job offer I claimed points for is scheduled to commence Feb 2013. The only reason I want to change job offers is because that job would require me to travel 35km one way to work each day whereas the second job offer is only 200m from home.