Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids shoes?

The shops are there, but they're expensive compared to what many people are used to, who move here from overseas. My 11-year old is now comfortably into adult shoe sizes (size 6, and I'm a 7, yikes!) but when her feet were still growing at light speed, it honestly wasn't worth getting her expensive leather shoes as she'd go through maybe two pairs of cheapie shoes from The Warehouse / Number One Shoe Warehouse before she went up a size anyway. So not worth the extra outlay!

Default types of school shoes

Glad to come across this post. After reading how pricey shoes are, I'm thinking of bringing several pairs of shoes.

What kinds of school shoes are secondary girls allowed to wear/can get away with?
    I'm deciding whether to bring my black Mary Janes, plain black lace-up flats or black lace-up with 4cm heel or should I bring all 3?

What about PE shoes? Is any colour and style of sport shoes fine?

How is NZ shoe sizing? If I take a size 35 EUR, what is my shoe size in NZ? And I am I safe to assume that size 35-36 can be found in both girls' and women's styles?

Here's an old thread about shoe sizes. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32117 Some people seem to find a lot of problems. When in NZ, I've bought shoes and boots, more by eye and then trying them on than by whatever it said on the label.

About shoes for school, I think you'll find different schools have different policies. Do you yet know where you will be living and going to school? If so, you could check the possible schools' websites.

I don’t know why my post was deleted, I just wanted to recommend Barefoot Shoes. They are really good for foot health. Probably because of the link. Well, use Google)
    b-shoes.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12