Thread: Areas in Upper Hutt to live and places in Upper hutt to avoid

Default Areas in Upper Hutt to live and places in Upper hutt to avoid

Hello all,

I'm going to be moving to NZ and will be working in the Upper Hutt area. If you could help me navigate myself away from the undesirable locations and have an idea of the places to be looking at for a rental I would be grateful.

I've looked through some of the threads already up but not many go into great detail about the Upper Hutt area itself.

Any assistance would be happily received

Andy

Hi Andy.

I hope that we will be heading to Upper Hutt also, as thats where my big sister and her family live.
    They live in Trentham and love it, she has advised Trentham and Wallaceville are nice areas to live in. She's also recommended Totora Park (quiet with a large Mormon population - a lot of young families).

I sometimes ask her about other areas (Upper and Lower Hutt), and she has advised that Maoribank,Timberlea, Clouston Park and Brown Owl are all older more run down areas with large ethnic populations (usually with some Gang houses in the neighbourhoods. There are some nice pockets in these suburbs and Brown Owl is the best of the four.

Hope this helps.

Kiwijo