Thread: Query regarding EOI points and work experience.

Default Query regarding EOI points and work experience.

Hi,

I have joined this group recently and found very useful information in this.

I am planning to apply EOI shortly, but I have certain question and concerns regarding my points,

Below giving details of my points which I am claiming
    Work experience: - 8+ Years(Total Exp - 13 years) : 25 points
    Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage: 15 points
    Qualifications: 50 points
    Qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage - 10 points
    Partner qualifications recognized level 7 + qualification - 20 points

Total points - 145 points

I am having concerns regarding my bonus points in area of absolute skill shortage and qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage

I have done simple BSc first and then MCA from university, which is not currently in the exempted list, but in 2010 it was there in list.

As I have read in forum, that to get bonus points for qualification and work experience in area of skill shortage, your qualification should match with your work experience,
    and your qualification will be exactly at the level [Bachelor degree (Level 7) in computer science ],

So, my queries are -

1) If i go for PAR for my MCA degree, then I would be getting level 7 or 8(not sure), If I get level 8 for my MCA in PAR - will it fulfill for bonus points in absolute skill shortage.

2) If I go for PAR for my BSc degree, and will get level 7, then will it fulfill the requirement of bonus points in absolute skill shortage, as this is not degree in computer and does not exactly match with my
    profession of ICT Project Manager or ICT software engineer.

3) I have worked in UK and USA based MNC for around 8+ years, do my work experience will qualify for points, as this is in the comparable job market.

4) From 2001 to 2005, I have worked in India based IT company, but that company has shut down in 2005, And currently I don't have any documents related to that company except Appointment letter and Experience certificate. I am not claiming points for this experience in EOI.

Do I need to show this experience in EOI as well, if Yes, then what documents exactly I need to submit for this if I get a ITA.?

5) As given in - SM3.10 Submission of Expressions of Interest to the Pool, the condition for selecting application from pool.
    d - has claimed points for either recognized qualifications (see SM14) or work experience (see SM11); and

Can I claim points for both recognized qualification and work experience both in EOI.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi. Lots of questions - understandably! Here are a few answers. Your basic calculation seems fine. You don't say what subject your bachelor degree is in. The qualification needs to be at the same level (not higher) and have a good overlap (close match) with a NZ degree in the subjects listed on the Long Term Skills Shortage List to claim your points for AASS. It might be that asking NZQA to look at the two degrees and see if together they are satisfied that you have covered sufficient curriculum at the right level for your combined qualification to be deemed comparable. It is possible - but by no means certain. PAR probably won't help you. You will still need an IQA at a later stage and they quite often come back at a different level from the PAR, so you might as well have saved your money on the PAR. If your work experience is in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage and you meet the requirements for LTSSL then it does not need to be in a comparable labour market to count. Even the experience for the company in India might be okay. Do you have tax records, contract of employment or similar? However, if your IQA does not come back as meeting the requirements in column 3 of the LTSSL then you won't be able to claim this work experience. Yes, you can claim points for work experience and qualifications. My suggestion, and this is only base don what you have said in your post, is that you start with the IQA and see if you are going to be able to claim the AASS bonus points for your qualification. If you can, then everything else falls neatly into place. If not, you may need a job offer to reach the magic 140. Has your wife's degree been assessed or will this also need an IQA? If you want to say a bit more about the subject matter of your degree, I might be able to be a little more specific.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My bachelor degree is in BSc (Physics, Chemistry, Maths), and I have done Masters of Computer Application(MCA) after this.

My total 13 years experience is in IT (Software Development),
    Previous Job Titles - Senior Engineer, Team Lead.
    Current Job Title - Technical Manager.

Any idea, which level my MCA degree is equivalent when compared to New Zealand standard.

My wife has also MCA Degree(Master Of Computer Application), and will do PAR for her also.

IF I go for PAR, so, whatever points we are claiming, will they verified this in EOI, or they demands any further documents like IQA, and then after Case officer invites for applying ITA?

I don't have any tax records for my Indian Company experience(4 years), the only thing i have Appointment letter and Experience certificate.

IF my MCA degree is equivalent to level 7 new zealand standard, then only I am able to claim points for AASS, otherwise if it comes to 8 then I am not able to claim points for AASS. Am I correct ?

I don't want to go for IQA, as this is very costly at this stage of EOI, so when I got invites for ITA, then I will go for IQA

Please clarify my concern, Your response will be really very helpful.

Thanks.

PAR will not, I'm afraid, resolve anything of your situation. For this, as Karen has mentioned above, you really need the IQA. IQA can turn out a result totally different from PAR. For PAR, they only go by the names of things as provided in your information, whereas for IQA, they look at the syllabus, transcripts and mark sheets of the qualification, so they examine subjects studied, for how long, at what depth, for how many credits, with what result, and compare this with NZ qualifications to get a level.

Default Hi

Hi I am Anbu. I am an IT professional having 13 years of industry experience. Currently i am living in Singapore and planning to migrate to NZ. I am getting 150 points and I am in the process of submitting my EOI application. My profile and scenario matches exactly with your profile, so I think that your input will definitely help me. I need to discuss with you more in detail. If you don't mind, could you share your email-id. Thanks.

It's against forum rules to put personal details in open postings. When you have made five posts on any thread, your ability to use Private Messaging will be automatically switched on (allow about 20 minutes after the fifth post).