Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Category to residency in Auckland

Cool Skilled Migrant Category to residency in Auckland

Hi,

I have already launched my Residency application in June 2014 on SMC from auckland. File was selected and than office was appointed and he asked me for few details like IRD and Payslip . And also a letter from my employment for Long term short skill. I provided all of this . I have 160 points ( with job offer ). Its nearly more than 2 months for all this now .. How long wud it take for them to take a decision. My medicals are clear and Police clearance is done too .. DONT know whts happening next??

can anyone put some highlights on wht to expect next and the duration it will take??

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by hi5divs; 20th August 2014 at 02:05 PM.

This old post may help to explain the process. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38304

About the CO - many of them don't reply to queries if they haven't anything specific to say. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

A further thought. If you are waiting for your visa in order to start working, you could put in for a temporary work visa at the same time, as this can be processed much more quickly. Then you wouldn't be keeping your employer waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A further thought. If you are waiting for your visa in order to start working, you could put in for a temporary work visa at the same time, as this can be processed much more quickly. Then you wouldn't be keeping your employer waiting.
    Thanks a lot for your replies!! big help.. I already have visa till mid 2016 so its shouldn't be a problem to stay in nz.

I am reading at many places regarding that there are interviews after u get that list of question to be submitted. Wht is this interview and is it necessary that everyone gets it???

People who apply for Residence under SMC, WITHOUT a job or job offer in NZ, are interviewed by their CO. This is to judge their knowledge of how things work in NZ, and how ready they are to settle to straight into NZ life and find a job - their employability. This is the final thing to decide whether they will get offered Residence, or the SMC Job Search Visa (Residence deferred and waiting for them until they get a job offer, with 9 months allowed them in NZ to do it), or be refused.

As you already have a NZ job, you will not get this kind of interview.

However, any NZ official has the right to interview people - the applicant, or other people about the applicant - if they feel that is the easiest way to get a particular piece of information that they need. That kind of interview is normally just a quick conversation to clear up a particular point, though.

thanks a lot !! Need to wait n watch now!!

GOT IT !!! APPROVED

EOI Selected - 14 May 2014
    ITA - 24 May 2014
    Logged ITA - 12 June 2014
    query1 - 13 July 2014
    query2 - 2 Sep 2014
    Query3 - 8 Sep 2014
    APPROVED - 12 Sep 2014

DONE n DUSTED in 5 Months

congrats
    Last edited by johnb; 25th September 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast