Thread: cost for child care or some form of preschool for a 3 yo

Default cost for child care or some form of preschool for a 3 yo

Hi everyone,

It looks like we'll be coming to Auckland beginning of next year. My eldest is 3.5 and is currently going to daycare for 2 half days in the week and absolutely loves "school"! I have been reading the possibilities for her in Auckland and the differences of early childhood education re-teacher led vs parents-led and also understand the high demand and therefore long waiting list for preschools. I'm not really fussed where she will be going as long as I feel comfortable with it and believe she is is in good/safe hands. But to get an idea, what do we have to expect to pay per day for a daycare or what is the fee for a preschool / play centers? Is there a government rebate?

I also really like the Montessori school system and noticed there are quite a few around in Auckland. Are these private schools? How much would attending a Montessori preschool cost per year (I got an heart attack from he fees here in Melbourne so needless to say she is not going to attend Montessori here!)

Thanks!

My little one goes to Phoenix preschool that is near to my home. I'd recommend choosing a school near your workplace or home. If you are interested to know school's curriculum and other things, you can visit Phoenix preschool.

Quote Originally Posted by bella68 View Post
    My little one goes to Phoenix preschool that is near to my home. I'd recommend choosing a school near your workplace or home. If you are interested to know school's curriculum and other things, you can visit Phoenix preschool.
    I'm guessing that might be a little far to drive for the OP.