Thread: Help: Unable to provide Police certificate !?

Default Help: Unable to provide Police certificate !?

Hi everyone,

I'm having problem to get a "police certificate" in China. According to announcement by The Ministry of Public Security in Aug,2015,Chinese police will no longer issue 18 types of certificate which includes ‘issuing non-criminal record certificate to individual’. Which mean they will not provided it for me if I just come and ask for. They asking for a official letter from immigration state that they need it from me, then the Public Security Bureau will give "police certificate" for me. However, I'm calling immigration today and unfortunately they will not provided such letter for me. Then they ask me to go to this website to get information about what I need to provided if I'm unable to give them police certificate.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...e/cd/china.htm

said that: "If you cannot get a police certificate, provide detailed information of your attempts to get one. If we are satisfied that police certificates are not available or it would be unduly difficult for you to get them (for example where the authorities of any such country will not generally provide such certificates), we may instead ask you to make and provide a separate statutory declaration in both English and your own language. If a statutory declaration is required, it must detail your attempts to obtain a police certificate and state whether or not you, or any accompanying family members, have been found guilty or convicted of, or charged with offences against the law in that country. The statutory declaration should also be corroborated by other information attesting to your character.

So what is the "Statutory Declaration" and where and how can I get it from?

I'm gathering documents in order to send my application to Shanghai Branch (I got ITA last 2 weeks) but I'm having trouble with the police certificate now. Please help, if anyone has the same problem with me please share some experience.
    Thank,

Hi Hannah,
    You can get a statutory declaration from a Justice of Peace in New Zealand. But if you are not based in New Zealand then you might have to get a Affadavit from your country which has to be notarised. There is a way out for this however it would be best to consult an immigration advisor. Don't stress out just keep calm and look for an IA or may be JandM (admin) might have an answer for this. Cheers

Also, Google Justice of peace New Zealand and you can find out what is he technically entitled to. It is a sort of oath you take Infront of a authority for something and if you lie you can be punished in court. I am sorry I am not a lawyer so don't know the technical definition. Hope this helps. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itgeek View Post
    Also, Google Justice of peace New Zealand and you can find out what is he technically entitled to. It is a sort of oath you take Infront of a authority for something and if you lie you can be punished in court. I am sorry I am not a lawyer so don't know the technical definition. Hope this helps. Thanks
    Thank Itgeek,

So it's like a declaration made by me, and sign by me in front of a people (who work in place such as "Just of Peace" or a lawyer) and that people will be witness that he/she saw me sign that paper in front of them. right?

Hi Hannah

I am not sure if it works, however you can take the printout of the email which you got from New Zealand Immigration, when you have submitted your online and in acknowledging your application you might have got an email from Immigration , asking you to submit the list of documents in support of your application.

Since that is from the NZ immigration and you have a client ID assigned to your application, even when the Chinese Ministry of Public Security, enquires/contacts with your client id with immigration of NZ, they will have the details of your application and then can confirm the same that we requested those documents in support of her application.

So I believe it should suffice the requirements for them to issue Police Clearance Certicficate.

Cheers