Thread: TAWA - Wellington

Default TAWA - Wellington

Hi,

we are thinking about moving from CBD to Tawa. We had a look around and it seems like a nice neighbourhood. However I have been warned to be careful about what part of Tawa I will move into. Apparently some parts of Tawa don't get as much sun and can be damp? Anybody here living in Tawa who could share some insights and cons and pros living in Tawa? Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ondrej.grulich View Post
    Hi,

we are thinking about moving from CBD to Tawa. We had a look around and it seems like a nice neighbourhood. However I have been warned to be careful about what part of Tawa I will move into. Apparently some parts of Tawa don't get as much sun and can be damp? Anybody here living in Tawa who could share some insights and cons and pros living in Tawa? Any info would be appreciated.
    Having formerly lived in Tawa for some years I am quite fond of the place. It has good schools, lots of churches, a pretty good neighbourhood shopping area with library, supermarket, some good restaurants (esp Pandan), some nice parks (Willowbank, Redwood bush, Mexted Reserve and the park off Takapu Road bordering Belmont Reserve) and Titahi Bay beach is only about 12 minutes drive away. It is only 15 minutes in by train to town. It is quite a large suburb with a mix of houses and there is only one bad part - a smallish area in the Porirua side of Linden. The western side closer to the hill may be damp, but eg Redwood is rather more established than Greenmeadows, and I'd rather live in the former. I would recommend it, particularly if you have or may have children.