Thread: shipping

Default shipping

guys anyone have experience in shipping personal traveling baggages? i have 3 of them shipping to NZ around 70kg, i tried to check online for any leads about the price i have to pay at the customs in Auckland airport but no luck? as i understood it's one of the most strict customs worldwide...

any leads i'd be grateful

There are two different issues here. You will have to pay the airline for excess baggage, or ship the extra cases by using a carrier, separately, so you can research that cost with the various possible companies by size and weight.

Then you MAY be charged customs duty, depending on what it is you are bringing in. See the NZ Customs Service website - here http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx and the links off it.

jandm, i already decided i will use shipping company and got somewhat a good price, but i still want to make sure what will be the cost of personal stuff: clothes, shoes, baby toys, mattress, wooden baby cot, baby feeding chair etc etc etc....all used, nothing new...
    that's from the website you just sent me:Everyone entering New Zealand can claim a clothing and personal effects concession...
    does that mean i'm obliged to pay only the paperwork or some more taxes?

thx again

That page is all about Allowances and Duty-Free Concessions, which means that the items mentioned do not get charged any duty or tax. You can also get the Duty-Free Entry for household items, and probably others on the list as well. (Anything that says it is for residents applies to people with a WTR, or a work visa for at least 12 months, as well.)

perfect thx

What company did you use?

@jandM i have the same concern . and i read your post. thanks for the links