Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Parent Resident Visa 2023 - Timeline

Hi JandM, nope, that just pure my concern/reaction when I read NZ029's post, which said INZ would like to have an interview with his/her parent(s).

I am still gathering documents for my parents application, and there is one question which I kinda not really clear, its about the ESOL, I know I have to paid $14k NZD for ESOL for both parents, but the question is do I need to paid for the school 1st then apply or apply first and INZ will work out the ESOL school and fees?

Thanks

I don't have experience of this. Is there somebody who has gone through this process who can answer these questions, please?

R5.45 implies that, if all requirements are met other than ESOL payment, the application will be approved in principle. The ESOL tuition fees would need to be paid at this point for the visa to be granted; failing which, the application will be declined.

Hi Aidenng,
    My father was interviewed because we showed interest in getting through without having to pay ESOL Fees.
    He sat in PTE, but couldn't make it.
    The case officer then asked if we can present an evidence of a 3 years tertiary. My father did a bachelor's in maths, but the degree was in English medium. So, we submitted that.
    The case officer didn't find that evidence enough and hence the interview.
    In your case, as you have shown your willingness to pay the ESOL fees, I don't think there will be a need for interview to check English skills.
    But if there is an interview for other reasons, you can always ask for a translator before hand and immigration will arrange that.
    I hope it helps.
    Thanks

Yes, it was an interview to test the English skills.
    Obviously, I didn't know what kind of questions they will ask, but I worked on a standard set of questions they may ask and helped my father in preparing that.
    This was probably the first time he was gonna speak to a native English speaker, so I was not confident at all.
    But according to my father, it went well and he managed to answer all the questions. Yay!
    They asked general questions like who lives in NZ, what are your plans in NZ, when are you planning to go etc.
    The interview was done on 18th March....and waiting now.
    If all goes well, we will get an approval.....if not, then an approval in principal. Either way, I am happy.
    Thanks
    Thanks

Thanks Kelerei for the resource link.

Thanks NZ029 for your sharing, hope you got your desire outcome soon.

I have dropped my parents application last weeks, finger cross now i hope they would get their visa in 6~7 months, as my 2nd baby is on the way, hope they could be here in time and help me with parenting stuff haha. But who know, INZ website said the process could be 12 months. Best of luck then.

Congratulations.
    Great to hear that Aidenng. Good luck with your application
    Just a bit more update on my application.
    20 Dec 23: Couriered the application after doing the medical and PCC
    21 Feb 24: Received first email from the CO. Asked to supply evidence of income in a different way and asked for evidence of english skills. I supplied the proof of income and provided some evidence of english requirements.
    12 March 24: CO wanted an interview to confirm the english skills. Interview organised for 18th March.
    9 April 24: CO pointed out that i have a sister below 24 years of age and asked why we did not add her as a dependent. I replied on the same day confirming she is married and not a dependent anymore. Supplied a PDF full of evidence that they are married and are in a stable relationship. Then the CO got back to us on the same day and asked for a certified copy of marriage certificate. This was then submitted on 17th April.
    Waiting now

Thanks

Thanks NZ029, wow you got CO after 2 months of submission, that is impressive which gives me some hopes. Strange thing is why the CO concerns about your 24 yo sister as dependent. hmm I thought any child that older than 18 is consider as adult and not dependant anymore

Thats what i thought as well. But it says younger than 24 with some conditions, check https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#73241.htm
    She is turning 24 in October.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345