Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Citizenship Query

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing as me with the presence calculator.

Based on my calculations (and as confirmed by the official arrival and departures report from INZ), my 4-year 240-day mark will be this 6th November. I've been regularly checking the presence calculator since September and I got quite excited when I tried to input my details yesterday (31st October) as it now had the additional line “Check again in November 2023”, which kinda reassured me that my calculations are on point.

However, I tried to check again today (1st November), and now it is giving me the response "Check again in December 2023”. Logic tells me that this may be how the presence calculator is coded - like it will automatically show the next month on the "Check again in Mmmm yyyy" if you are days away from the 4-year 240-day mark. But I don't want to assume things so just posting this to see if anyone knows the answer.

Thanks,
    MBB

So just an update - our presence calculator changed today saying that I’m now eligible. So will apply tomorrow 😊

Thanks for the information.

Hello all, Im in a same boat now. One thing about me is that I have to change my passport in the interim. Has anyone experienced this before? Could the days be calculated only on my new passport and hence it says cannot calculcate ??

Quote Originally Posted by cricfor View Post
    Hello all, Im in a same boat now. One thing about me is that I have to change my passport in the interim. Has anyone experienced this before? Could the days be calculated only on my new passport and hence it says cannot calculcate ??
    No, it will be fine. For me, the presence calculator gave a postive result on the precise day that I was expecting it to, and I'd had a passport change around 3 months prior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12