Thread: 2024 Citizenship Ceremonies/ Timeframe

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrightwoo View Post
    Wow...long wait for a ceremony in CHC.
    Yeah, so here is our timeline:

Applied: 18/11/2022
    Details Email: 23/1/2024
    Approved: 5/2/2024
    Ceremony: ??? (Still waiting, Christchurch)

It feels immensely frustrating to see people who applied 14 months after us, and were approved after us allocated before us.

Hi there

I am waiting since Apr 2023 with no case officer assigned yet!! It does feel frustrating.

Would you be comfortable to share what "details" they asked from you which you provided in January this year?

Hope you hear back soon about ceremony!

Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Monu View Post
    I am waiting since Apr 2023 with no case officer assigned yet!! It does feel frustrating.
    As of 1 May 2024, all applications submitted in February 2023 or earlier were either completed (being approved, declined, or withdrawn) or undergoing processing, and there were 981 unassigned applications that were submitted in March 2023, out of a total of 3,499 applications that were submitted that month. It is extremely likely that your application will be assigned for processing either this month or next month.

Would you be comfortable to share what "details" they asked from you which you provided in January this year?
    Regardless of whether or not you get an answer to this question, the answer will probably be worthless. Whatever details were requested would have been specific to that person's application: there is no guarantee that you will be asked to provide the same details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post

Regardless of whether or not you get an answer to this question, the answer will probably be worthless. Whatever details were requested would have been specific to that person's application: there is no guarantee that you will be asked to provide the same details.
    I know and understand that each application is unique and would have its own requirement. But main point of asking such a question on forum like this is to get ideas around what can DIA ask by learning from experience of others. I didn't knew that it can be problematic and complex to realize such a simple thought!
    Bottom line is - it is NOT worthless!

Hi there

Hope you hear back soon about ceremony!

Thanks 👍
    The details email is a form email that I believe everyone gets just before they are approved confirming your personal details and availability for citizenship ceremonies.

As of 1 May 2024, all applications submitted in February 2023 or earlier were either completed (being approved, declined, or withdrawn) or undergoing processing, and there were 981 unassigned applications that were submitted in March 2023, out of a total of 3,499 applications that were submitted that month. It is extremely likely that your application will be assigned for processing either this month or next month.

Haha, this information is quite general. My partner’s was lodged in May 2022 but still pending decision

Quote Originally Posted by lf71victor View Post
    Haha, this information is quite general.
    I can only provide general advice; legally, I am not able to provide any specific advice to anyone on this forum. Refer to the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007, specifically Section 6.

My partner’s was lodged in May 2022 but still pending decision
    This is strange: the dataset showing the status on citizenship by grant applications (this is linked to from the "Citizenship timeframes" page and updated on the first working day of the month) indicates that the oldest applications still being processed were lodged in November 2022, with only 212 applications remaining as of May 1. These would be the most complex of applications that are this old and still do not have a decision made on them. In your place, I would definitely be contacting the Citizenship Office about this.

If you meant May 2023, it appears from the data that all outstanding applications will be allocated for processing within the next 3 months.

I can only provide general advice; legally, I am not able to provide any specific advice to anyone on this forum. Refer to the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007, specifically Section 6.

This is strange: the dataset showing the status on citizenship by grant applications (this is linked to from the "Citizenship timeframes" page and updated on the first working day of the month) indicates that the oldest applications still being processed were lodged in November 2022, with only 212 applications remaining as of May 1. These would be the most complex of applications that are this old and still do not have a decision made on them. In your place, I would definitely be contacting the Citizenship Office about this.

If you meant May 2023, it appears from the data that all outstanding applications will be allocated for processing within the next 3 months.
    Hi Kelerei,
    Thanks for your response! I am sure that the dataset you are referring to is the General dataset. There are definitely applications pending decisions earlier than Nov 2022 lodgement. You may refer to OIA release outcome. https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/Files/OIA-releases/$file/OIA-2324-0823.pdf
    I believe this is a quite relevant release. This is another relevant release dated 13 February 2024.

Hi Kelerei,
    Thanks for your response! I am sure that the dataset you are referring to is the General dataset. There are definitely applications pending decisions earlier than Nov 2022 lodgement. You may refer to OIA release outcome. https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/Files/OIA-releases/$file/OIA-2324-0823.pdf
    I believe this is a quite relevant release. This is another relevant release dated 13 February 2024.
    That OIA release just says "refer to the General dataset" -- did you post the correct one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast