Thread: Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa Extention

Default Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa Extention

Hello Everyone, Just looking to get some information about any option that I have to get my parents visit us sooner than 9 months. I have my parents visiting us on general visa which we extended upto 9 months. They will be going back to their home country as their visa expires. Previously, I was under impression they can go back and apply Parent/Grand Parent category visitor visa from their home country once their general visitor visa expires. Is this still the case or do we have to wait 9 months?

Cheers

You say you were 'under the impression'... Can you say where you got this idea? - e.g. web page, something from a forum, etc.. It would help to other people to help you, to know where to start looking.

Edited to say, I've now found an old post https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...363#post518363 from 20 15, from Karen Phillips who was an immigration adviser, and she says there that the rules at that time allowed SOME parents/grandparents to apply for their parent/grandparent visa immediately after having held a visitor's visa. But that was then, and I don't know if the rules are still the same without doing some hunting in the present regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You say you were 'under the impression'... Can you say where you got this idea? - e.g. web page, something from a forum, etc.. It would help to other people to help you, to know where to start looking.

Edited to say, I've now found an old post https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...363#post518363 from 20 15, from Karen Phillips who was an immigration adviser, and she says there that the rules at that time allowed SOME parents/grandparents to apply for their parent/grandparent visa immediately after having held a visitor's visa. But that was then, and I don't know if the rules are still the same without doing some hunting in the present regulations.
    Your are right @JandM. My impression was only through reading from previous post on these forum. If this is still valid https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#34627.htm, then under V3.110.5 Length of permitted they do suggest that Despite V2.5 and V2.15 you can be granted this visa. I am tying to see if anyone has in past gone through this route. If I get more information I will share it for others.

Just to update anyone looking for similar information. We manage to get PGVV straight away after my parents went back on GVV after 9 months. So yes, the rules are still the same.

Thanks for the information.