Thread: Residence timeline for skilled migrant

Default Residence timeline for skilled migrant

Hello,

every month I see increase the timelength for residence visa for skilled migrant. We applied in 1 september that time it was 5 months later 10 months and now 12 months! what does that mean? I asked my officer he mentioned:

Honestly I would have no clue as to accurate timeframes as of now for Residence given the time of year.
    Your application is still pending a third-party check which will hopefully be completed relatively quickly.
    Feel free to contact me anytime for updates or if you guys have any queries. Apologies for the lack of a clear timeline.

What does this mean:
    Your application is still pending a third-party check which will hopefully be completed relatively quickly.

By the way we already applied for visa extension on december and got it previous week. Could it be helpful for hastening the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Torki View Post
    every month I see increase the timelength for residence visa for skilled migrant. We applied in 1 september that time it was 5 months later 10 months and now 12 months! what does that mean?
    The time taken to process an application in the past is no guarantee of how long it may take in future.

Re: his mention of a third party check - this may be what is often called a 2nd party check (2pc) or quality check. Do a search on the forum for explanations, for instance here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...917#post457917

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Re: his mention of a third party check - this may be what is often called a 2nd party check (2pc) or quality check. Do a search on the forum for explanations, for instance here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...917#post457917
    Ohh are you sure it is the same? As I know this is what as unknown check and we dont know how long does it take. But if it is what you said that is perfect.

No, I'm not sure. It's a matter of English usage - a third party can be anybody that is not the person writing or speaking, nor the person written or spoken to. So the third party meant by the CO *might* be someone s/he has asked for confirmation of some detail or other. But it was the fact s/he said it was a "check" and the knowledge that it should soon be done that made me think of the 2pc. Fingers crossed. +++++++