Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Telephone interview tomorrow night!!

Default Telephone interview tomorrow night!!

Oooooh, had an email this morning informing me I have a phone interview tomorrow night for a nursing post in Waikato district!!

There will be 4 people on the panel

Tips anyone?

The very best of luck!

Be prepared to (discreetly) blow your own trumpet - if you don't tell them about all your good points and bring in mentions of your experience, nobody else can do it for you. And on the phone, you can't impress with your demeanour. Take good deep breaths, which also give you a moment to think before you answer. Speak at a low pitch, not squeaky, and don't hurry.

You own the place - go get your job!

Good luck with the interview!!

Hope it all goes really well!! Just be yourself!!

Don't fill in the pauses - if you have said everything you need to say then (no polite way of putting this) shut up!!!

Don't presume you are going to get a really good phone line - so like Jandm said - speak slowly and clearly (try not to rush - difficult I know when you are nervous) and most definately sell yourself!!!!!

Good luck - Hope all goes well.

When are you thinking of emmigrating?

Good luck with the phone interview! You'll do well. The fact that you scored the interview says a lot. They're interested! And I'm sure they're hoping you're the best fit for their organization too.

My informal phone interview is tomorrow

Hello and welcome.

What are you being interviewed for?

Thanks everyone, will let you know how it went x

Good luck PrettyPleasant

Be ready- I got asked this question quite a few time: What won't we like about you? Very very very tricky!

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Oooooh, had an email this morning informing me I have a phone interview tomorrow night for a nursing post in Waikato district!!

There will be 4 people on the panel

Tips anyone?
    Good luck with the interview MS. First and foremost, just be yourself. You know you are good enough for the job so stay relaxed and answer the questions just as though you were sat in the room with them. If you think that way your demeanour will come across in your voice and will make it easier to get your points across and sell yourself. Also just prepare as you would for a regular interview, ie, research the organisation, people, questions you might be asked and 3 or 4 relevant questions from you.

In my experience, this could be the first of a number of telephone interviews if they are going to seriously consider you for the role. Over the last 8 months I've had numerous telephone interviews with potential employers in NZ leading to 2 job offers.

Good luck.

PS. Just imagine you ARE Nurse Ratched and you'll devour them!! One of my all time favourite films with a superlative cast.
    Last edited by skywatcher; 13th September 2011 at 10:37 AM.

wish u all the best , since English is not my first language I think I should be worried to be interviewed by kiwi employers not you ... when I red JandM comment , I felt I shouldn't sent my resume to employers maybe they drop the line when they hear my accent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast